• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I'm definitely interested in hearing about the new grips, both aesthetically and functionally. :party29:

Personally, I like the look of the stock grip with wood inserts. The fit and feel, for me, is just so-so. I bought a newer GP100 recently with the all rubber grips. I don't like the way it looks, and normally I don't like the feel of finger grooves. This new one, however, just really works for me :shrug:

fyi they have the hardwood grips without the finger grooves also both checkered and smooth), if you go to the Hogue website you can see them there. there is so much variation in color of the grips I ordered I am concerned what they will look like when they get here but I guess I have to take my chances.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    fyi they have the hardwood grips without the finger grooves also both checkered and smooth), if you go to the Hogue website you can see them there. there is so much variation in color of the grips I ordered I am concerned what they will look like when they get here but I guess I have to take my chances.

I ordered some walnut grips from Hogue and when they arrived they were both different colors. I called them and they sent me a new pair that matched each other perfectly free of charge. They didn't even ask for the original set back.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    There's a ton of stuff going on in the other subforum in preparation for next week, but I am just circling back to close out this thread since I started it. new grips finally came yesterday after being backordered for about a month. LOVE them. Ya it took me 2 tries but I got there.

as a side note, ran a couple boxes thru this thing last weekend, never used fiber optic sights before but my old eyes love them. I am a convert. Not sure what others are out there but I put the Williams Fire Sights on this one and am very happy with them.

Attachments

• Gp100 new grips.jpg
      Gp100 new grips.jpg
      84.9 KB · Views: 67

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    There's a ton of stuff going on in the other subforum in preparation for next week, but I am just circling back to close out this thread since I started it. new grips finally came yesterday after being backordered for about a month. LOVE them. Ya it took me 2 tries but I got there.

as a side note, ran a couple boxes thru this thing last weekend, never used fiber optic sights before but my old eyes love them. I am a convert. Not sure what others are out there but I put the Williams Fire Sights on this one and am very happy with them.

That is one handsome shooting iron!

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Pachmayr are also my preference on my wheel gun. Made a big difference in my shooting mostly because they help me keep the gun on target for faster follow up shots. They are so comfortable that even my daughter loves shooting the S&W Model 10 snubby with 124 gr, +P loads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom