• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    I've always used a IWB holster and I have a ton of them which all are just uncomfortable. Can anyone recommend a OWB which fits high and tight to the body avoid printing? A brand which makes a left side OWB. Thanks

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I've always used a IWB holster and I have a ton of them which all are just uncomfortable. Can anyone recommend a OWB which fits high and tight to the body avoid printing? A brand which makes a left side OWB. Thanks

Galco for one. Use Midway's holster finder tool.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    my favorite owb for cc is bianchi 125 consent, use it for my glocks 32/23/19. leather with kydex inside for a real nice draw. not sure if lefty or for whatever gun you might have. also have and like the galco concealable, but not as much (kydex makes the difference).

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Attachments

• 0950EBBC-D1D4-44CC-AF75-B7FF63F0A9C5.jpg
      0950EBBC-D1D4-44CC-AF75-B7FF63F0A9C5.jpg
      49.8 KB · Views: 273

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Pancake . Dead cow .

Virtually every make of leather holsters has a version, with subtle differences in exact angle and ride height. I actually prefer the Roy Baker originals , but Roy's Leather Goods closed circa 1990.

I could name a dozen usual suspects , but FWIW , El Paso Saddlery and Lobo Leather are closest in design to the origonals , albeit with stiffer leather .

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I mainly do Remora or Galco for IWB and Safariland, Blackhawk, or Galco for OWB. I would say for non leather take a look at Safariland and for leather I’d start with Galco. Bianchi is good too. Ive never found a holster as comfy as my Remora’s for IWB however. Lately I’ve been carrying my 92FS in one of their “micro clip” holsters. I’m in love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

What pistol?????

For S&W Shield or Glock Compacts (9mm/.40/.357), the Galco "Stinger" is FANTASTIC!!

Bianchi "Remedy" is CLOSE in design and holds the above named pistols high and tight.

I own and use both of these makes/models. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I like kydex over leather, better retention, thinner, stiffer, quiet, and holds up with 0 maintenence. There are a few companies that make a high riding pancake style holster with an offset press and wing clips. an offset press uses a denser foam on one side so about 3/4 of the molding is to the outside, so the holster rides closer, and is more comfortable, wing clips pull it in close, and can put the trigger area at or above the belt line, definitely need a stiff gunbelt. I have a few from Vigitac, they were awesome, sold through Trop gun in Elizabethtown, PA till the owner stopped making them. Still have a few in stock, mostly lefty holsters on super cheap clearance pricing. Knightfall customs and black rhino make a similar design, might be able to find a few others.
    vigitac.jpg

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I just made my own, since most companies don't have model to mold the 320 compact slide on a sub compact grip...

Attachments

• P320 Compact Sub OWB red dot.jpg
      P320 Compact Sub OWB red dot.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 190

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I use OWB for EDC mainly on two wheels. Tagua thumb break OWB belt holster... I don't know about it being the best... but I like mine well enough to have one for the Taurus PT111 G2 and a slightly larger configuration that is friendly to my S&W SW9ve, Ruger P95 and Ruger P345. Belt behind the body of the holster most of the time...if I really need to pull it in, belt over the body of the holster does the trick... YMMV...

Attachments

• tagua holsters.jpg
      tagua holsters.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 167

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Using a leather holster everyday is like wearing leather dress shoes everyday (5 days a week, etc...) you need more than 1 in order to rotate them. No man should just have 1 pair of dress shoes and wear that same pair everyday to work.
    If you are a part time, out of Maryland carrier when you travel, well 1 would just suit you.
    I have used and rotated 2 Galco "concealable" holsters (P229) for the better part of 20 years for work, many hours a day, and many uses at the range. They both still are practically new and are still GTG. For me, because of my long term experience, Galco is "The best".

Don't skimp on a belt either.

Just to add, why was this posted in the "Comments and suggestions" thread? Typically this is for forum recommendations and questions pertaining to the site.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Using a leather holster everyday is like wearing leather dress shoes everyday (5 days a week, etc...) you need more than 1 in order to rotate them. No man should just have 1 pair of dress shoes and wear that same pair everyday to work.
    If you are a part time, out of Maryland carrier when you travel, well 1 would just suit you.
    I have used and rotated 2 Galco "concealable" holsters (P229) for the better part of 20 years for work, many hours a day, and many uses at the range. They both still are practically new and are still GTG. For me, because of my long term experience, Galco is "The best".

Don't skimp on a belt either.

Just to add, why was this posted in the "Comments and suggestions" thread? Typically this is for forum recommendations and questions pertaining to the site.
    Probably because he is less than a month in, and didn't know where to post, and he cannot post in the water cooler.

Excellent advice on shoes/holsters. Same holds true for running shoes. Two pair rotated last far longer than two worn day in/day out.

Doesn't really work for Bourbon.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Probably because he is less than a month in, and didn't know where to post, and he cannot post in the water cooler.

Excellent advice on shoes/holsters. Same holds true for running shoes. Two pair rotated last far longer than two worn day in/day out.

Doesn't really work for Bourbon.
    Have you ever been here. In ocean City. LOL
    9469a1581929d14209ee000f825bf65b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom