Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle

Notices

Old March 7th, 2019, 10:21 PM   #41
JimNorth

NinjaFlex TPU looks interesting. My application uses steam at about 2 bar, maybe 2.5

How do you determine the usable temperature of 70 C that you mention?

It appears that shapeways doesn't print with NinjaFlex TPU. I'm beginning to think doing this requires a great deal of dedication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolAA View Post
Jim, like Migraineman noted above the typical bed temp for TPU would be around 60 C. Ive heard that NinjaFlex TPU is pretty soft like Shore 85A. That melts at 220 C but should be usable at temps up to 70 C under low pressure.
JimNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 10:41 PM   #42
ToolAA

Jim my 70 number is an estimate based on two factors. First Ive used TPU to make my own gasket and the bed temperature is usually 65-70C. At that temperature the material is still pretty solid. Also the melt temperature is around 210-220 to I just figured that a maximum operating temperature of about 1/3 of the melt temp seemed reasonable. I dont think the material would melt at 100C.

As for pressure 2-2.5 bar is also not very much, but it may be possible to design a part that could withstand the working conditions you described it may just have to be thicker and more robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNorth View Post
NinjaFlex TPU looks interesting. My application uses steam at about 2 bar, maybe 2.5

How do you determine the usable temperature of 70 C that you mention?

It appears that shapeways doesn't print with NinjaFlex TPU. I'm beginning to think doing this requires a great deal of dedication.

Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
ToolAA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 10:55 PM   #43
JimNorth

It would be fun to experiment with the design. Do you know of a 3D print shop that would print NinjaFlex TPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolAA View Post
Jim my 70 number is an estimate based on two factors. First Ive used TPU to make my own gasket and the bed temperature is usually 65-70C. At that temperature the material is still pretty solid. Also the melt temperature is around 210-220 to I just figured that a maximum operating temperature of about 1/3 of the melt temp seemed reasonable. I dont think the material would melt at 100C.

As for pressure 2-2.5 bar is also not very much, but it may be possible to design a part that could withstand the working conditions you described it may just have to be thicker and more robust.
JimNorth is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle