• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    So purchased my first upper from PSA for one of my pre ban rifles. Upon inspection I noticed my left feed ramp is off. Enough that it looks like it may cause and problem loading a round from left side every time. Question is, is it worth trying to clean up with a dremel or just try my luck with PSA customer service.
    39a80fdf12119a748ac98b6838df2f02.jpg
    094706706d6c3141110380020c227c99.jpg

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    That's what I figured. I've just read a few places that it's almost not even worth dealing with their CS if you can fix it.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It can be fixed. DO NOT Dremel the upper receiver aluminum! You reshape the metal of the feed ramps of the barrel....then polish them with the Dremel. Not uncommon, especially with PSA. Unfortunately the barrel has to be pulled to do the job. Not the end of the world...SOTAR (Clandestine) is your best bet.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You might want to consult with clandestine before screwing around with the barrel. A lot of material has to be removed to work with that receiver.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It can be fixed. DO NOT Dremel the upper receiver aluminum! You reshape the metal of the feed ramps of the barrel....then polish them with the Dremel. Not uncommon, especially with PSA. Unfortunately the barrel has to be pulled to do the job. Not the end of the world...

This is the correct answer.

SOTAR (Clandestine) is your best bet.

You might want to consult with clandestine before screwing around with the barrel. A lot of material has to be removed to work with that receiver.

Thanks gentlemen. :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ill also add that Im not one to defend PSA, but this is not just a PSA issue almost all manufacturers have this issue. The only ones I dont see this issue with Colt and FN.

I would bet half of the AR's that are owned by MDS Membership has some kind of issues with their feed ramps that I could point out.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Ill also add that Im not one to defend PSA, but this is not just a PSA issue almost all manufacturers have this issue. The only ones I dont see this issue with Colt and FN.

I would bet half of the AR's that are owned by MDS Membership has some kind of issues with their feed ramps that I could point out.

Okay, I'll take you up on that. What's wrong with the AR15 rifle in the small safe. You know, the second one from the left in the front row?

Go ahead, give it your best shot. :innocent0

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    29mins on hold and 1 min coversation. They are going to replace and provide me with shipping label to return this one.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have two without that issue that didn’t go through the class, but more luck than anything (well, none of mine have). I do have a 6.5G I am pretty sure the feed ramps Have to be taken down just a hair. Bigger issue is the mags steel lips all have to be polished up a little (ASC mags) as they are marking up my brass big time (positively identified my scratching issue as that, not the barrel lugs). A couple of passes with one of my finer files and some 400grit should do the job when I get off my lazy butt.

Which isn’t to say there aren’t other areas of my builds that need some tweaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom