• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    I must be dense. I can understand where taking away my AR15 infringes on my right to bear arms. I don't see where banning bump stocks does the same.

The NRA has no problem with such a ban. I'm sure many of you that do are members.

POTUS supports such a ban. It's a safe bet such a ban is going to happen.

How do some of you plan to fight it?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I must be dense. I can understand where taking away my AR15 infringes on my right to bear arms. I don't see where banning bump stocks does the same.

The NRA has no problem with such a ban. I'm sure many of you that do are members.

E-mails, letters, and phone calls.

Politicians want votes and the NRA wants money.

Point out that both will be withheld if the Second Amendment gets whittled away.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    If you want to keep pushing for pie in the sky legislation delivered by the Easter bunny on a flying carpet made from amazing horse hairs, then ask for a National Concealed Carry law.

Well it is absolutely good for one thing -- diverting some steam from gun control lobby other efforts. Even though it did not pass in 2013, it had more support in 2013 than today -- but it did kill the national post newton attempts at reducing rights nationally. Want UBC? Ok let's pair it with reciprocity. this helped kill UBC.

Same strategy can be one of the poison pills on whatever the gun control lobby gets traction on after parkland

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We need to take a page out of their book. Be willing to "compromise" and do some horse trading.

I am willing to create a path to citizenship for kids who grew up here after being brought in by illegal parents.....in exchange for national concealed and open carry.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Most versions of the draft stipulate citizen must have carry permit in their state of residence...

As presently crafted, would non resident permit recriprocity agreements between states still be valid if nat reciprocity passes? From reading through this thread, nat reciprocity as presently written sounds like a blanket extended to home state permit holders that allows carry nation wide without affecting the status of non resident permit holders.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is no mention of state Reciprocity agreements in either version.

The House version would allow carry in your home state on a non resident permit from another state. The Senate version does not.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017

There's a duck hunter out there that will happily sell you and your non bumpstock equipped AR out for the chance to keep their Fudd gun a few more years.

This is an all or nothing deal. We either support ALL of it, or you see it chipped away a piece at a time. Bumpstocks might go now, but that that just sets a precedent for your stuff later.

Pick a side. You're either for it - ALL of it. Or you're not. There is no room for compromisers on this side of the fence.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    There is no room for compromisers on this side of the fence.

Then you force them to the other side of the fence. Not sure that produces the desired results.

Not much gets done in life, be it business, marriage, personal relationships or politics without some modicum of compromise.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Then you force them to the other side of the fence. Not sure that produces the desired results.

Not much gets done in life, be it business, marriage, personal relationships or politics without some modicum of compromise.

Some modicum of compromise = The Left introducing our firearms to Captain Crunch.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    I believe the problem with compromise is that we can't expect the other side to negotiate in good faith. They always have a long game and most often a hidden agenda (although anymore their agenda is not so hidden) and therefore can't be trusted. Their view of compromise is we compromise a bit at a time until they win everything. It's whats gotten us into the current state of the nation as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom