• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Zzzzz_man, I think the point some folks are making is if you have a bad experience state it and let it be. Instead you keep going because others have dissenting opinions. Let them have their opinion and you have yours. No one wins in an internet argument.

:thumbsup:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Ok we get it. One round every 10 seconds, and no fun allowed. Mandatory 15 minute safety brief every hour, every time you come. Can some members suggest a range for this gentleman?

Thank you for your concern but, that isn’t necessary. Anywhere that you ain’t works for me and I’m already a member at one local club where acting like a trigger-happy fvckstick will, most likely, get you kicked out. I believe I already said that I enjoy shooting at Heritage, NRA and ESS so why don’t you just get over the fact that I think TMGN sucks balls and you just go on shooting there with the other soldier of fortune/merc-wannabes? Enjoy!

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I respect Zzzzz_man's view of TMGN as I am sure he will respect mine. My experience with them has been uniformly good and I have been one of their members from the day they opened. I take my own targets and ammo when I go there and have not had any issues with either their front desk staff or RSO's. I like Heritage too but since I have an annual membership at TMGN, I only go there from time to time, mainly if they have a class that I want to attend.

Live in peace!

Cal68

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Thank you for your concern but, that isn’t necessary. Anywhere that you ain’t works for me and I’m already a member at one local club where acting like a trigger-happy fvckstick will, most likely, get you kicked out. I believe I already said that I enjoy shooting at Heritage, NRA and ESS so why don’t you just get over the fact that I think TMGN sucks balls and you just go on shooting there with the other soldier of fortune/merc-wannabes? Enjoy!

Hap Baker, I assume. Where you need to have a 3 second pause between shots. LOL.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I respect Zzzzz_man's view of TMGN as I am sure he will respect mine. My experience with them has been uniformly good and I have been one of their members from the day they opened. I take my own targets and ammo when I go there and have not had any issues with either their front desk staff or RSO's. I like Heritage too but since I have an annual membership at TMGN, I only go there from time to time, mainly if they have a class that I want to attend.

Live in peace!

Cal68

I absolutely respect your point of view, Cal. What I don’t respect are some people who call others a “Fudd” and make ridiculous and childish accusations about harming the shooting community simply because I don’t care for something they like.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I absolutely respect your point of view, Cal. What I don’t respect are some people who call others a “Fudd” and make ridiculous and childish accusations about harming the shooting community simply because I don’t care for something they like.

My comment wasn’t directed at harming the shooting community, obviously that is beyond your influence. My comment was about the arrogance and condescension dripping from your characterization of people who shoot at TMGN and have fun doing it. I’m delighted you’ve found places that satisfy your refined tastes so the rest of us poor schmucks don’t have to endure your scorn.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    My comment wasn’t directed at harming the shooting community, obviously that is beyond your influence. My comment was about the arrogance and condescension dripping from your characterization of people who shoot at TMGN and have fun doing it. I’m delighted you’ve found places that satisfy your refined tastes so the rest of us poor schmucks don’t have to endure your scorn.

That's not what you said. You accused my contempt of idiots being allowed to do stupid things relatively unsupervised at TMGN as an attack upon the shooting community, quite hysterically, I might add.

Grow-up. I don't care where you shoot, what you shoot or how you shoot it, buddy. If you're comfortable at TMGN, I'm happy for you. If you want to consider me some kind of snob because I don't want any part of that BS, you're free to do so. Doesn't bother me a bit.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Grow-up. I don't care where you shoot, what you shoot or how you shoot it, buddy. If you're comfortable at TMGN, I'm happy for you. If you want to consider me some kind of snob because I don't want any part of that BS, you're free to do so. Doesn't bother me a bit.

It obviously does bother you, or you wouldn’t be posting here.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    It obviously does bother you, or you wouldn’t be posting here.

Hate to spoil your party but, no, it doesn't. I just take exception to childish accusations and being referred to as a Fudd because I don't want anything to do with TMGN. That's all.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    That's not what you said. You accused my contempt of idiots being allowed to do stupid things relatively unsupervised at TMGN as an attack upon the shooting community, quite hysterically, I might add.

I know what I wrote, here it is....
    “Yeah, we know, rather than be thankful the toothless rednecks have a safe place to shoot, I guess you’d rather they practice in backyards. Full auto is not my cup of tea. Nevertheless I’ve seen people whoop it up as you say. Perish the thought anyone should enjoy the experienice and get a bit excited.

But I’m not worried that you think TMGN sucks. You have plenty of company with other haters with those that think we all have penis envy.”

What I’m referring to there, since you don’t understand, is people who look down on others who get enjoyment from from a perfectly innocent activity. Those that hate guns think we have penis envy. Those that disapprove of whoopee yelling mag dumpers don’t harm the shooting community but try to separate themselves from a segment of it they find distasteful. I’m describing people that take a dim view of other’s means of innocently enjoying themselves. Yeah, your description of yourself as a snob is fitting in my opinion.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    reading this thread, I think some people are not really as pro-2A as they think they are. Nothing at all wrong with a good mag dump from time to time. :gun7: :gun7:

I am not super huge shooting a rifle at 25 yds, but when its 93 degrees, its a lot better on a 25 yd indoor range than a 100yd outdoor range with the sun blaring in your face. 25 yds, I can just make the target smaller.

And for the record, for as many people as go through the various ranges that allow full auto (including TGMN), the safety record is stellar. There was one incident at TMGN, and it had more to do with a low cut shirt than any rifle.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I know what you wrote, too.

First, you accused me (quite hysterically) of not being a friend to the gun community because I dared criticize TMGN:

Amazing that we get a nice local indoor range and you have to try to run it down. With friends like you......just what the gun community needs.

And yes, I’ve been there a LOT. It’s like 12 minutes from where I live.

Still trying to figure-out what living 12 minutes away from TMGN has to do with anything I wrote but, it kinda fits all the other irrational/nonsensical BS you've posted in this thread.

Second, you called me a liar:

That’s BS about little supervision.

It's not BS and you weren't there so I don't know how you made that determination. I never said the two jackasses in question were un-supervised, I said that the RSO on-duty wasn't acting in a way that I would expect an RSO to act with two childish, inexperienced morons on the line mag dumping indiscriminately.

Third, you accused me of thinking people who act like that at a gun range are over-compensating for the size of their tiny penises. Kindly show me where I said that? But, in your case, if the shoe fits...

For the record, I don't think people who act foolishly/carelessly at a gun range are over-compensating for a small penis, I think they're fvcking idiots. There's a difference.

Yeah, your description of yourself as a snob is fitting in my opinion.

Fair enough. I'm a snob. I think anyone who condones that type of behavior is a moron in the extreme so you go right ahead and enjoy hanging-out at TMGN with all the other tacticool hipsters who think they're 'operators' because TMGN is there to enable shithead behavior with firearms. I'm happy to shoot elsewhere. :party29:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    reading this thread, I think some people are not really as pro-2A as they think they are. Nothing at all wrong with a good mag dump from time to time. :gun7: :gun7:

I am not super huge shooting a rifle at 25 yds, but when its 93 degrees, its a lot better on a 25 yd indoor range than a 100yd outdoor range with the sun blaring in your face. 25 yds, I can just make the target smaller.

And for the record, for as many people as go through the various ranges that allow full auto (including TGMN), the safety record is stellar. There was one incident at TMGN, and it had more to do with a low cut shirt than any rifle.

Could you imagine if you posted in a thread 5 or 6 years ago bitching about having access to two local indoor ranges (one of which that rents MG’s)? The last few pages of this thread should be moved to the first world problem thread.

Being a Maryland resident i always tell people how grateful I am to have 5 ranges less than 30 minutes from my house.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Could you imagine if you posted in a thread 5 or 6 years ago bitching about having access to two local indoor ranges (one of which that rents MG’s)? The last few pages of this thread should be moved to the first world problem thread.

Being a Maryland resident i always tell people how grateful I am to have 5 ranges less than 30 minutes from my house.

It’s funny but such an unfriendly gun state we sure do have quite a few range options. Especially outdoor options.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    It’s funny but such an unfriendly gun state we sure do have quite a few range options. Especially outdoor options.

It's because in gun friendly states, folks can just go shoot on public land. We need to stay in our specially carved out range spaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom