• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Not really. Maybe 30 people.

First round, 6 shots 8 seconds all pins down. The rest though? Not even close. :sad20:

Beginners' luck I reckon. Was fun though. I'd do it again.

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Will a .357Sig 125gr HP loaded to 1300 ft/sec do the trick on these pins?

I also have a S&W 629 in .44 Mag but that has only 5 rounds in the wheel.

Feb 28, 2013
    Will a .357Sig 125gr HP loaded to 1300 ft/sec do the trick on these pins?

Absolutely. They're the steel silhouette flip up kind.

I also have a S&W 629 in .44 Mag but that has only 5 rounds in the wheel.

I used a .45. A .44 mag's probably fine. But I would suggest getting yourself about 3 or 4 speedloaders to make your life WAY easier. The poor fella I timed had a hell of a time with his revolver trying to reload it before the 30 seconds was up.

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Absolutely. They're the steel silhouette flip up kind.

I used a .45. A .44 mag's probably fine. But I would suggest getting yourself about 3 or 4 speedloaders to make your life WAY easier. The poor fella I timed had a hell of a time with his revolver trying to reload it before the 30 seconds was up.

Thanks, I must have read too fast and thought they were real bowling pins that can be a pain to knock off some tables with the smaller/lighter pills.

I know that the .357Sig does an impressive job on steel silhouettes and if 13+1 rounds are not enough I can (and should) throw the gun at the pin :D

When is the next shoot?

Feb 28, 2013
    That's ok. I was expecting real bowling pins too.;)

I dunno when the next one is. I found out about this one here. Try looking up Stemmers Run Gun Club or whatever it is. I think it was their deal.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Sounds like a great turn out. We couldn't make it, mother in-law in town.
    Next shoot is:
    Saturday, June 1, 2013
    12:00 PM (Noon) TO 4:00 PM,

Also we will be cooking burgers and dogs.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I have a quick question for those who have shot this before. I looked on Stemmers Run website and didn't really see procedures or rules anywhere. Do you shoot from a holster or a static position with firearm already aiming at the pins when they say "go"?

I am planning on coming to the next one and would like to compete and just want to know what to be ready for. Although with a single action revolver there will be no "speed loading". :) If I don't knock them all down with what's in the chamber, I don't know that I would try and reload. If you know what I mean

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I have a quick question for those who have shot this before. I looked on Stemmers Run website and didn't really see procedures or rules anywhere. Do you shoot from a holster or a static position with firearm already aiming at the pins when they say "go"?

I am planning on coming to the next one and would like to compete and just want to know what to be ready for. Although with a single action revolver there will be no "speed loading". :) If I don't knock them all down with what's in the chamber, I don't know that I would try and reload. If you know what I mean

Drawing from a holster at the AGC is rarely permitted.

I would suggest contacting Del Cockey (president@associatedgunclubs.org) for more information as he was instrumental in getting the steel pin shoot on the schedule.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    Drawing from a holster at the AGC is rarely permitted.

I would suggest contacting Del Cockey (president@associatedgunclubs.org) for more information as he was instrumental in getting the steel pin shoot on the schedule.

When I did it last year, the clock starts when you fire your first shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom