• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Just thinking-I moved here from Washington. I lived between Seattle and Tacoma-a very liberal area. And all the politicians down on Olympia are wildly liberal. I mean-WA legalized weed and gay marriage. That's pretty liberal IMHO.

However, when I applied for my CCP in WA, it was very easy. I filled out the paperwork, paid the cash and five days later I had my permit. With that permit, I could walk into any gun store in WA, throw down some cash and walk out with a handgun. Very 2A friendly. I really thought WA was extreme liberal. Man was I wrong...

I guess it could be worse though...I DID live in Manhattan under Bloomberg's rule for a while. Talk about life sucking.

So has MD always been so liberal? Just curious to hear from some of you who've been here for a long time. Is this as bad as it's been (MOM) and I'm not specifically referring to the gun ban talk. Or has there been worse gov's? Just curious is all.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Just thinking-I moved here from Washington. I lived between Seattle and Tacoma-a very liberal area. And all the politicians down on Olympia are wildly liberal. I mean-WA legalized weed and gay marriage. That's pretty liberal IMHO.

However, when I applied for my CCP in WA, it was very easy. I filled out the paperwork, paid the cash and five days later I had my permit. With that permit, I could walk into any gun store in WA, throw down some cash and walk out with a handgun. Very 2A friendly. I really thought WA was extreme liberal. Man was I wrong...

I guess it could be worse though...I DID live in Manhattan under Bloomberg's rule for a while. Talk about life sucking.

So has MD always been so liberal? Just curious to hear from some of you who've been here for a long time. Is this as bad as it's been (MOM) and I'm not specifically referring to the gun ban talk. Or has there been worse gov's? Just curious is all.

Maryland is ruled by a concentration of power in what I call "The Leftist Triangle"... that area loosely bounded by 295, I-70, and I-270...

The politicians here go out of their way to marginalize the opposition (read up on "Plan Maryland"), which is generally in the more rural areas.

But yeah... it's been bad for a very long time.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    WA is not that bad from a 2A perspective, IMHO.

MD, NY, CA, IL, NJ are often rolled into the same heap as sucking WRT 2A...it's deserved....

The gu owners in the 5 aforementioned states, spend inordinate amounts of time arguing who "Sucks Less".

CA has some Shall Issue, no NFA, Bullet Buttons
    Md allows NFA, 20 rd mags (for now), but a May Issue carry policy.

Who Sucks Less?
    :party29:

wynnstudio

"Member"
    Feb 15, 2011
    Parkville, MD
    I always found WA a crazy mix of left and right. I would love to live out there, I really like the pacific north west area.

I would laugh when flying out there in the boarding area, I side you have earthy crunchy looking people with the a baby swaddled to their front and on the other side 2 lumber jack looking guys.

wynnstudio

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    There's a huge difference between social liberals and authoritarians. In the former camp, the motto is live and let live, as the OP saw in WA. In the latter camp, the motto is power and control by any means necessary, including subversive tactics such as pretending to be socially liberal when it's beneficial to the underlying cause. In reality, the two groups have very little in common. MD is not a liberal State. Not even close.

aht2131

Aug 5, 2011
    I am definitely a social liberal but the above definition and I know a good many on this site are as well

Totally agree, and it bugs the hell out of me when guns and other issue gets turned into the typical us vs them.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I moved over here from Washington state about 10 years ago.
    What a lot of people don't realize is once you cross the cascades to the east it is politically a different beast. Much much more conservative.

And it's a desert. I remember growing up with 300 days of sunshine a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom