• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Traded my Sub2K Sig 226 version for the Glock version tonight, can't wait to get some lead down range. I kinda like how the hard chrome looks versus the blued too. Now I'm paired up well with my Glock pistol.

Attachments

• image-1616796767.jpg
      image-1616796767.jpg
      71.4 KB · Views: 307

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Ran 100 rounds of Federal through it today with only a light oiling. Definitely needs to be broken down and lubed thoroughly for next time, I was getting stovepipes on every last round in the mag. Seems these need to be broken down completely and wiped out and relubed. Was very accurate at 25rds though.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Ran 100 rounds of Federal through it today with only a light oiling. Definitely needs to be broken down and lubed thoroughly for next time, I was getting stovepipes on every last round in the mag. Seems these need to be broken down completely and wiped out and relubed. Was very accurate at 25rds though.

I have the exact same one and I am still in the "break in" period. All my stovepipes were happening on every last round in the mag. I only have 320 rounds through and I've been getting less and less. I have read on the KelTec forums that this is very common.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I have the exact same one and I am still in the "break in" period. All my stovepipes were happening on every last round in the mag. I only have 320 rounds through and I've been getting less and less. I have read on the KelTec forums that this is very common.

Yep saw the same thing. I was shooting this and my 10/22 TD today, can't believe how light the little Keltec is. Got some funny looks when I folded it up and it disappeared into my backpack.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I think they're ugly and I'm not usally fond of pistol caliber rifles...but the more I think about it the more I want one. How much do they usually run?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I think they're ugly and I'm not usally fond of pistol caliber rifles...but the more I think about it the more I want one. How much do they usually run?

An honest dealer will sell it anywhere between $300-$370....I know of 2 IP's that don't try to take advantage of the rarity of this gun.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    An honest dealer will sell it anywhere between $300-$370....I know of 2 IP's that don't try to take advantage of the rarity of this gun.

very few Honest dealers out there... add about $50 to the price.:cool:

wynnstudio

"Member"
    Feb 15, 2011
    Parkville, MD

It is common, The advice I got and it work was to run 124 or 145 grain for the first few 100 rounds to break in the recoil spring.

Mine runs great now.

wynnstudio

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    very few Honest dealers out there... add about $50 to the price.:cool:

I can honestly say that I got mine within that price range...brand new, 3 months ago :D

It is common, The advice I got and it work was to run 124 or 145 grain for the first few 100 rounds to break in the recoil spring.

Mine runs great now.

wynnstudio

I heard the same advice...unfortunately, I have a pretty large stock of 115gr range ammo, that is the only reason I have been using it.

Are you guys running the 9mm or the .40cal?

9mm.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I can honestly say that I got mine within that price range...brand new, 3 months ago :D

I heard the same advice...unfortunately, I have a pretty large stock of 115gr range ammo, that is the only reason I have been using it.

9mm.

well....

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Did a full disassembly tonight, the bolt tube issue I had read about on the KelTec forums seems to be accurate. The interior of the tube was coated in a sticky preservative (some type of oil I assume) that seemed to slightly impede bolt travel as were the trigger and hammer linkage. Cycles much smoother now and trigger is much improved.

Last edited:

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    I have to say my sub-2000 has been one of my most trouble free guns. it has never ftf, fte, or stove piped, no matter what i fed it.

the only thing i want to do is change the mag catch from s&w to Berretta.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Have you seen the version with Desert Tan furniture? Looks awesome. Not sure if it's a factory piece or aftermarket treatment but it looks cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom