• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I'd like to get something engraved/cut/burned into the stock of my M1, but I don't know where to go for this sort of thing. Any IPs do it? Looking to get a name put into it.

Any help is appreciated and thanks!

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Look up wood burning. It's easy with a little practice. You use a "pen" that is basically a soldering iron with a special tip. You just draw out what you want with a pencil and then trace over it with the burner. The only hard part is learning how much pressure to apply. I've actually never tried it on a gun stock, but I imagine it wouldn't be any harder.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I'd like to get something engraved/cut/burned into the stock of my M1, but I don't know where to go for this sort of thing. Any IPs do it? Looking to get a name put into it.

Any help is appreciated and thanks!

Two things. If you DIY try on a piece of scrap wood.
    Don't put your gfs name on the stock of a rifle unless its hers.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I don't trust myself to do it justice. I want my grandfathers name or initials in the stock in small-medium letters. Does anyone do this professionally or anything? I'll look into the soldering iron tip I have a couple irons. Thanks gents!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have done it and it turns out very nice. Its not cheap thought because it takes a while to do the job professionally.

I can also burn a big weener into your butt.

wynnstudio

"Member"
    Feb 15, 2011
    Parkville, MD
    I have a laser engraver and could do it. I haven't done a gun stock like that before so I would want to do a test run on a scrap of similar wood with the same finish.

If you prep the scrap wood, I wouldn't charge you anything to do it. Would take about an hour at my workshop.

I live in Parkville MD

wynnstudio

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have a laser engraver and could do it. I haven't done a gun stock like that before so I would want to do a test run on a scrap of similar wood with the same finish.

If you prep the scrap wood, I wouldn't charge you anything to do it. Would take about an hour at my workshop.

I live in Parkville MD

wynnstudio

Thanks I appreciate it. I'm gonna see how much an extra set it of wood costs, because I'll keep the engraved stock as a show piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom