Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Eastern Shore
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old September 24th, 2020, 08:10 AM #1

OC pop up Rally 2020

So,
How about that Pop up Rally (H20i) going on this weekend in OC
I wish the county had a web page to tally up all the tickets and arrests they will be doing this year for these guys/gals.

I"m headed there this weekend but I'm on an offshore charter so I'll be away from that.

Hopefully OCPD and the other local authorities will finally make them not feel welcome.
Melnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:19 AM #2

Here is a link describing what the OCPD is planning to welcome the participants.
https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2020/09/...in-ocean-city/

This is what OC residents received in the mail!

Unfortunately this will wreck the OC cruising events!
Attached Images

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
Mini14tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:19 AM #3

This is a shit show in the making...every time it goes down. Heard that extra police were being called up. I get the "not enough cuffs to arrest us all" mentality but mass stupidity like this and people can wind up under some dumbass's car or shot because of some thug behavior.
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:20 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
So,
I wish the county had a web page to tally up all the tickets and arrests they will be doing this year for these guys/gals.

I"m headed there this weekend but I'm on an offshore charter so I'll be away from that.

Hopefully OCPD and the other local authorities will finally make them not feel welcome.
Ugh. Sigh. Damn.

The stats should be public info and I gawrantee the PD has ‘em; probably just a matter of asking the right (elected) official the right way (in writing, haha!)

Hook some heavy uns!

“Hope” was a girl in the hs locker room ... but, don’t hurt to wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed195 View Post
This is a shit show in the making...every time it goes down. Heard that extra police were being called up. I get the "not enough cuffs to arrest us all" mentality but mass stupidity like this and people can wind up under some dumbass's car or shot because of some thug behavior.
I am confident that “Lowering Threshold” concept I listened to last night on Michael Banes podcast (see the “New Rules of Engagement” thread) applies here. Certain elements of / attendees to each “pop up” arrive with intent / expectation that this year will exceed last year in “revelry.”

This year EVERYwhere and ANYwhere amounts to dry grassland with sparks in the wind - very dangerous situation could develop and escalate in the flip of a switch.

Trusting (up there with hope, back in that hs locker room :-/. there is A PLAN IN PLACE for nixing certain violations before they occur. Blanketing the asphalt with temporary rumble strips may not be in the budget but, I’m thinking along the lines of the savvy tactician who ordered all sidewalk trash cans to be doused with copious amounts of water JUST BEFORE the end of the basketball games at UofMD where the year before all the trash cans had been used to set a sh*tload of fires.

Just a matter of resolve + creative thinking. Undortunately, the creative thinkers in le are usually thwarted by the lack of resolve on the part of elected officials (who bow to the community Karen’s)

hey, Hey, HEY! You heard it here first: IVANKA for POTUS, 2024!!!!!!!
slsc98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:46 AM #5
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

I didn’t know such a thing as an incident management team existed.
Attached Images

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:59 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
I didn’t know such a thing as an incident management team existed.
The "Bob's" of Office Space... What do you say you do here? Followed by blank stare awaiting response.

I looked around on their Facebook page, looks like someone spent time to picture state workers wearing green shirts huddled up talking and pointing at stuff.
PapiBarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 09:53 AM #7
American Patriot

American Patriot

Quote:
So,

Man, you must love to drive considering how much you go down the ocean. At least there is less of it these days.

What are you going for this time? I sure miss the days of Sea Bass, Tile Fish, Mahi Mahi and Blue Fish when my family used to go deep sea fishing alot.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 10:05 AM #8

If you're on Facebook, pure entertainment.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/H2OiOCMD2016/?ref=share
t84a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 10:20 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from MD View Post
Man, you must love to drive considering how much you go down the ocean. At least there is less of it these days.

What are you going for this time? I sure miss the days of Sea Bass, Tile Fish, Mahi Mahi and Blue Fish when my family used to go deep sea fishing alot.
We have a family 2nd home there. 27' Center Console, wave runners and a pontoon. One neighbor next to me also has 2 boats and 2 wave runner. Older Gentleman on the other side said our places looked like Hong Kong. LOL

This is the 3rd season with the Center Console and a few years ago we used to trailer boat with a 26' Cuddy. This year's fishing has been awesome as I worked to add more types of fishing to my list.
I was SLAMMING on Sea Bass this year only taking what we could eat in say 2 family meals but if we stayed longer we would likely limit each time.
Late August we got good at bailing Mahi at floating pots and balloons. Son's Girlfriend had a massive 12 lb TauTog that he handed her the rod when it hooked up. We always are good on trolling Bluefish and that is a piece of cakes for us. Some flounder in the bay in the spring (I need to get better at flounder). But No Tuna on my boat. Did not go that far this year due to the success of the closer Sea Bass. My Eldest was interested in Spear Fishing and actually took a few Mahi and a Bar Jack at those pot floats.

I plan to post some pics in the Outdoor section with some of the season highlights that hopefully will include some success this weekend!
Melnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2020, 10:45 AM #10

Quote:
We have a family 2nd home there. 27' Center Console, wave runners and a pontoon. One neighbor next to me also has 2 boats and 2 wave runner. Older Gentleman on the other side said our places looked like Hong Kong. LOL

This is the 3rd season with the Center Console and a few years ago we used to trailer boat with a 26' Cuddy. This year's fishing has been awesome as I worked to add more types of fishing to my list.
I was SLAMMING on Sea Bass this year only taking what we could eat in say 2 family meals but if we stayed longer we would likely limit each time.
Late August we got good at bailing Mahi at floating pots and balloons. Son's Girlfriend had a massive 12 lb TauTog that he handed her the rod when it hooked up. We always are good on trolling Bluefish and that is a piece of cakes for us. Some flounder in the bay in the spring (I need to get better at flounder). But No Tuna on my boat. Did not go that far this year due to the success of the closer Sea Bass. My Eldest was interested in Spear Fishing and actually took a few Mahi and a Bar Jack at those pot floats.

I plan to post some pics in the Outdoor section with some of the season highlights that hopefully will include some success this weekend!
I'd love to see the pix!
mdunphyjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Eastern Shore