• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    Ha! I've had this nickname for 20 years and never put it together with Walter Johnson. After he retired, Big Train became the Montgomery County Commissioner. I went to school with his great-granddaughter. Her dad had some amazing memorabilia of his.

BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    Hillbilly Grampa, thanks for the offer! I've always wanted to try red hot and blue. How can you go wrong at a BBQ joint with a windmill?

I'll reach out soon. This month is crazy with work travel, but when things settle out, I'll holler for sure!

BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    Bikebreath, I'm assuming you're talking moto, not pedal bikes? What do you ride? I've got a pair of Triumphs, a Tiger 1050 and a custom bobber. .

And we may be neighbors, but I don't think I am in the bowels of Baltimore. I think if I were to assign a name to my neighborhood, it would be more like the trachea.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Bikebreath, I'm assuming you're talking moto, not pedal bikes? What do you ride? I've got a pair of Triumphs, a Tiger 1050 and a custom bobber. .

And we may be neighbors, but I don't think I am in the bowels of Baltimore. I think if I were to assign a name to my neighborhood, it would be more like the trachea.

Ahh, old Trachville. I grew up in North Baltimore and know it very well. Now I’m near JHU and the BMA.

Both my bikes have one motor and it’s me. Considering getting back into mt. biking, but I’m my late 60’s.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Welcome aboard from PG. If you can pedal a bicycle, you're not too old to get a scooter. No, not a Vespa! :facepalm:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

:rolleyes:

It is a joke, meaning somebody nearby. Like somebody says they are in Emmitsburg MD (which is in Frederick County) and I say "Hi neighbor", yet I am not physically near him, but I'm geographically close to his location.

Hi there....neighbor!

n00bs, I swear they are going to be the death of me. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bikebreath and Fabsroman are are lead pedal bike-ists . Road Dawg and Sling Blade are among our leading motor bike-ists .

BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    And Mr. DaemonAssassin, I was trying to make a bit of a joke. I like my town, so was funnin on the "bowels" idea.

But on your other point, we noobs do suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom