What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I know you were half joking when you posted this a while ago but I've been thinking about how I could use it as a case trimmer for 300B/O.

So today I built a prototype.

96b8622cec4af9d45013ccdde13df35a.jpg

58b93270881155ec72b16471ed1cba31.jpg

This prototype machined out if acrylic. The idea is to have a sliding cam lock plate that holds the cases snug against the cutout in the bottom plate and a "V" grove in the top plate. The full scale model would be able to cut 50 cases in one pass. I figure I could prep hundreds of cases in about 10min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfaroCbKfFk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool! Looking forward to the finished model

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Apologies for being bit off topic, but that particular example of life's little pleasures works really well with oil pans too. Works best when using the gallon jug, rather than the smaller quarts. The joy of suddenly seeing the oil running down the driveway can only be described as pure delight. Think kinda like a kid at Christmas, finding his first BB rifle under the tree. The cleanup, after intently studying the physics of oil seeking its downhill path of least resistance, will leave you absolutely ecststic!

I now return to decapping 45acp.
    That's why I quit changing my own oil a long time ago. :lol2:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The other day I was measuring powder and as I was getting ready to put the measured charge back into the dispenser hopper, I accidentally hit the handle on the dispenser with the pan and had 44.3gr of RL-7 fly everywhere. Nothing like creating work for myself :cool:

Sorry, I could not stop laughing after I read this one! :lol2: I definitely see this in my future. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. [still laughing] :lol2:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Nothing at the bench today (except sort some brass picked up at the range earlier this morning). Let the first reloads fly and had no misfires or obvious problems. Best 5 shot group out of 10 was a .7855" spread with the worst being 1.5365" spread at 100 yards. This reloading thang is an addicting activity!

Attachments

• IMG_3517.jpg
      IMG_3517.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 281

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I changed out my trusty old Lee classic turret for the brand spankin' new dillon 550(C) my beautiful wife (siggirl1911) brought home last night. This was easily the best happy Monday gift ever! I can't wait to dig into this thing tomorrow. Also a big thank you to DA for helping her decide what to get, this thing is friggin' sweet. I'll be swimming in ammo by the end of the weekend!

Attachments

• 20170228_212114.jpg
      20170228_212114.jpg
      66.3 KB · Views: 279

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I changed out my trusty old Lee classic turret for the brand spankin' new dillon 550(C) my beautiful wife (siggirl1911) brought home last night. This was easily the best happy Monday gift ever! I can't wait to dig into this thing tomorrow. Also a big thank you to DA for helping her decide what to get, this thing is friggin' sweet. I'll be swimming in ammo by the end of the weekend!

Drop me a PM and I'll help you get that bad boy humming along and give you press time on mine to see how mot to make the same mistakes I did.

You're welcome buddy. You have no idea how much it was killing me trying to keep that surprise from you in some of those threads. :lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Drop me a PM and I'll help you get that bad boy humming along and give you press time on mine to see how mot to make the same mistakes I did.

You're welcome buddy. You have no idea how much it was killing me trying to keep that surprise from you in some of those threads. :lol2:

Remind me to give you my wife's cell phone number. ;)

Major03

Ultimate Member

Awesome surprise!! Jealous.

EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    I made some more 45 Colt loads, this time with 6.6 grains of Trail Boss and a 200gr. plated SWC. Hoping to get a good chamber seal with this load.
    The Hornady cases are all shorter than the rest so I had to seat them a little deeper than I wanted, but all within recommended OAL.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Looking forward to how they do.

had to cancel my big range day today b/c i seem to have gotten that nasty cold going around. I was tempted to go anyway but I want to shake this thing off before Monday. Going to have to wait until next week i think.

However I do consider reloading=rest so I converted a bunch of misc range 223 brass to 300ACC. Trimmed about 200 cases using my test jig and router setup mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom