• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I live in Abingdon and have seen them every once in awhile. I don't know if they're responsible for the lack of deer in my back yard this year, but something happened to the deer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm not fully versed in aging deer but does that not look young for an 8 point? his neck looks pretty skinny to me

He looks a bit under-nourished to me. Couple that with also maybe being "rutted out". He looks like 2.5 to me. Maybe a 90" rack.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    He looks a bit under-nourished to me. Couple that with also maybe being "rutted out". He looks like 2.5 to me. Maybe a 90" rack.

Come ooonnnnnnnn. Ya gotsta know that's gonna be a 178" rack. Dats my story and I'm sticken wid it......

I also caught a fish T H A T B I G, but I put him back.......

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    EVERYTHING on my trail cam for past week is nocturnal. Zip during hunting hours. My feeder is however along a creek treeline which is 80 yards from the woods. There is a vacant lot over the corner and I'm working to find the owner and ask for permission to hunt.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Same here. Hunt in a club on some big acreage in SOMD and nothing during daylight. Couple of small does but not a single shooter. Cam has good deer but all from 8 to 3 in the morning mainly. Have made a couple sits over the past weeks hoping the cam was missing something but nada except same small does.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Busted up stag. Or he grew like this.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
      IMG_1876.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 154

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Or maybe this guy I'll get to take. If not there are a few lesser size racks thats been showing up.

Attachments

• WGI_0208.jpg
      WGI_0208.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 157

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well, they're about on schedule. Maybe a little early. Could be the shock of the extremely cold weather after such a cool winter.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well, they're about on schedule. Maybe a little early. Could be the shock of the extremely cold weather after such a cool winter.

Have a friend, "antler Mark" who called me the other day. He said they are dropping now, his guess is because of the cold weather.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not mine, but this is great. It would seem that the property owner was having trouble with trespassers hunting his property. So he set up some kind of paint bomb. This trespasser set off the bomb and the rest of the video is him trying to get the paint off of himself and his shotgun.

Hilarious!

[YT]D7pCILPInb4[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom