• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Not helping that they aren’t offering a 6mm CM. Everything I’m watching/reading is that almost everyone one the precision circuit gave up on the 6.5 CM, in favor of the 6mm. Heck, even I just bought a 6, went from .308 & skipped the 6.5 in favor of the 6.

Big Green has been slow on the uptake for a long time. They still don’t even offer a threaded barrel on most of their rifles, for those who want to suppress or shoot big bores without dislocating their shoulders. Savage, Browing, Bergara, Tika, etc... haven’t seemed to have forgotten this (& it’s no surprise they’re selling the crap out of rifles).

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    With all the QC issues Rem has been having lately? Pass.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Not helping that they aren’t offering a 6mm CM. Everything I’m watching/reading is that almost everyone one the precision circuit gave up on the 6.5 CM, in favor of the 6mm. Heck, even I just bought a 6, went from .308 & skipped the 6.5 in favor of the 6.

Big Green has been slow on the uptake for a long time. They still don’t even offer a threaded barrel on most of their rifles, for those who want to suppress or shoot big bores without dislocating their shoulders. Savage, Browing, Bergara, Tika, etc... haven’t seemed to have forgotten this (& it’s no surprise they’re selling the crap out of rifles).

shooting a .308 rifle cant be that bad now :)

I see several remington700 models with threaded barrels btw

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    shooting a .308 rifle cant be that bad now :)

I see several remington700 models with threaded barrels btw
    The Magpul edition doesn’t chamber higher than .308. The Alaskan Wilderness rifle does go big bore I believe, and their chassis system rifle offers a brake/threaded barrel (300wm & 338 Lapua Mag). I see no other Remington rifles that are threaded, as opposed to the other manufacturers. Even their “Long Range Rifle” offers 7mm Mag and 300 Win Mag (I believe 300 RUM too) and is not threaded for a brake or can. For a rifle that’s marketed specifically for, and one that you may want to spend an entire afternoon shooting at distance, or trying multiple loads/rounds, or perhaps in competition, the thought of shooting a 300 WM more than 5 or 6 times without a brake makes me cringe.

I’m 230 lbs and have decent sized shoulders, and I can’t stand my 700 .30-06 more than 8-10 shots (which bruises me slightly I might add). For hunting, one or two shots no problem, but for extended range sessions, for target-specific guns, Big R should really offer most if not all of their models with a threaded end. Years agO almost nobody sold commerically threaded barrels, nobody used brakes, and I’m not sure suppressors were all that commonly found. Nowdays most of Remington’s competition has several models if not all of them with threaded barrels. They seem to be keeping up with shooter’s demands, not Big R. And it saddens me because I’m huge fanboy of Big R. I really want to see them get back to where they once were.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    The Magpul edition doesn’t chamber higher than .308. The Alaskan Wilderness rifle does go big bore I believe, and their chassis system rifle offers a brake/threaded barrel (300wm & 338 Lapua Mag). I see no other Remington rifles that are threaded, as opposed to the other manufacturers. Even their “Long Range Rifle” offers 7mm Mag and 300 Win Mag (I believe 300 RUM too) and is not threaded for a brake or can. For a rifle that’s marketed specifically for, and one that you may want to spend an entire afternoon shooting at distance, or trying multiple loads/rounds, or perhaps in competition, the thought of shooting a 300 WM more than 5 or 6 times without a brake makes me cringe.

I’m 230 lbs and have decent sized shoulders, and I can’t stand my 700 .30-06 more than 8-10 shots (which bruises me slightly I might add). For hunting, one or two shots no problem, but for extended range sessions, for target-specific guns, Big R should really offer most if not all of their models with a threaded end. Years agO almost nobody sold commerically threaded barrels, nobody used brakes, and I’m not sure suppressors were all that commonly found. Nowdays most of Remington’s competition has several models if not all of them with threaded barrels. They seem to be keeping up with shooter’s demands, not Big R. And it saddens me because I’m huge fanboy of Big R. I really want to see them get back to where they once were.

I understand now, it sounds like you mean shooting larger than a .308. I tend to think that's big bore :)

point understood though

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I love my 5R .308 in a chassis. My very first 1k yd shot with it was a hit and there are a thousand companies making gizmos. That said, they are late to the precision competition game as a factory offering. The price will sell some but they are flat footed and Ruger is already offering the precision rimfire to complement wannabes like me who imagine I’ll have time some day to travel and shoot. I wish them the best though. My Remmy has never let me down. I hate seeing any firearms company struggle especially an icon like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom