• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    He makes me ashamed to be an alumnus. When Johns Hopkins tries to get donations from me, I tell them that I sent my donations to the NRA. I must be blacklisted now. Lol!!

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    He supports arming Hopkins pinkertons to safeguard the students and patients and that they, the pinkertons, want to go home to their families. I guess in his eyes the rest of the city residents do not share the same basic human wants found at the bottom of Maslow's needs hierarchy.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    He makes me ashamed to be an alumnus. When Johns Hopkins tries to get donations from me, I tell them that I sent my donations to the NRA. I must be blacklisted now. Lol!!

I used to donate to JHU for years after graduation. But their getting in bed with Bloomberg just turned me off to giving more. His specific politics don't matter as much as the fact JHU is supposed to be a research institution, and for them to become entirely beholden to any politician (or, really any individual who makes institution-altering donations with strings attached) brings the independence of research into question.

The institution is damaging its reputation long-term for short-term monetary gain, so I'll send my money elsewhere.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    They stopped calling me after I said I had a problem with them selling out their name to Bloomberg and that they were an embarrassment.

Of course, with Bloomberg's funds, they don't need us anymore. Really, the whole Alumni Association membership could just disappear and it probably wouldn't have much effect on cashflow. That is, until the institution does something to fall into his disfavor and realizes a good portion of the rest of their donor base has gone elsewhere.

Any institution whose reputation depends on impartiality and independence needs a broad donor base to avoid appearance of improper influence.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Could be they're asking that he cover the expense of those Guatemalans suing JH.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Might be in jest but it isn't hard to imagine when you think about it. That could wind up being a yuge payout, and I'm sure uber-liberal Hopkins wants to settle and put this to bed before their support base figures out they're just like every other scumbag colonialist researcher.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    If this does come to pass, given the attitude of Johns Hopkins when it comes to firearms, I'm sure the security staff will be limited to Barney Fife ROE.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Attachments

• F26673C1-0699-435C-AF8A-435815E8C0C5.png
      F26673C1-0699-435C-AF8A-435815E8C0C5.png
      24.9 KB · Views: 363

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's interesting because If I remember right, it was the student body who opposed arming the Hopkins security.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom