• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    That is the one I am anticipating getting for my build

me too. my upper that is on order, I think its a true 16" barrel with the bird cage on it, making it over 16". I have thought about getting the barrel cut and perm. attaching the fsc556 to it. so its a true 16" OAL...

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Awesome job on the Handguards Apone! I couldn't agree more with everything you said. For my budget I buy Yankee Hill FF tubes because they are every bit as functional as the more expensive rails but maybe a little bit less sexy. The Laurue rails look incredible but the price tag is steep. My precision rig has an RRA slotted FF tube. It's a vey nice unit for the scoped precision Ar type rifle. I can't reccommend it enough for this type of rifle and it was only 50$. Here's apic of my Yankee Hill railed Carbine up top and the precision rifle with the RRA FF tube at the bottom. The Yankee Hill FF is covered in Magpul XTM panels.
    famportrait2.jpg

Mark C

Jul 6, 2008
    I like that RRA tube, especially for the price! Hard to tell from the pic, and I've never looked at 'em in person, can you put a bipod on that?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    on the flash hiders and compensators i'm thinkin of the miculek comp... how these stack up against others. are any comps quieter than others?

Sorry I missed this. My rifle above has the Miculek and I do like it quite a bit for the job it does on barrel jump. It does however push a large amount of air to the sides and rear of the shooter. It's not the most pleasent break for the guys behind the shooting line. It is very effective for it's intended purpose.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Pricing out my build now.... Finding some seemingly awesome deals, too.

-Noveske 16" 1:7 chrome lined double heat shielded flat top upper (without BCG and charging handle) from BC = $760
    -Spike stripped lower (shipped and incl FFL) = $245
    -RRA lower parts kit (ergo grip and single stage) = $100 (shipping est)
    -BC BCG = $160
    -BC charging handle = $23
    -BC PMags shipped to VA = $151.95 (for 10)
    -CTD 6pos tac stock, shipped = $57.16

Grand (shipped) total before ammo and sights = $1,515.96. Considering that's a Noveske upper AND with all the other stuff I think that's a pretty damn good deal. Now, to find 77gr ammo....

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Glad to help! I've still got to get the flash hider/compensator section done sometime, though. I'm happy that the information is useful.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Well since I'm going to undoubtably have to wait until April, no point in crunching numbers for a sale that won't exist then. Best I could do. But thanks for pointing it out. :D

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    In barrels, what is the difference between pre-ban and post ban?

Also, if every barrel in the world (it seems) is backordered, about how long should you expect it to be before yours shows up?

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    http://www.yhm.net/store/AR_Barrels.html
    Yankee Hill has some barrels.

Midway has this DPMS
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=559023

This Model 1 barrel
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=154061

John this guy has 14.5 pinned YHM barrels I'd give him a call ASAP. HE is taking them to a show after tonight.
    http://shop.apexodt.com/index.php?o...owse&category_id=9&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Many thanks Russ!!

I ordered the pinned YHM barrel. No shipping or tax either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom