• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The sheer number of them is definitely the issue for me. I don't have time to go to shows several times a year, and don't have the budget to spend what I'd want to spend at that many. I'd be lucky to get to two, maybe three a year. Trouble is knowing which 2-3 are most worth going to, especially when you're relatively new to the state. If I can only get to those couple of shows, I want to make sure they're worth my time.

The choice is dependent upon the intentions behind the visit.

• Some folks are there solely to find that one great deal. They seek the best for the least and if it’s not there... “the show SUCKS!” :cool:

• Some go to see and support the folks who are friends and community members. They are interested in finding a decent deal... but if they don’t... yet they get to mingle with friends and meet new people who are coming into the community... encourage others to come in to the community and support us... then the show is not a waste of time or money. And if they find that one great deal... well... that’s just a BONUS. :party29:

• Some... it’s just something to do and they are non plus about the whole thing. But hey... they went to a GUN SHOW! And... they got pickles and jerky. :rolleyes:

And there are variations on the theme.

Everyone should support the shows close to them as much as possible... and if they are looking to buy a particular item that would normally only appear at the “Really BIG Show”... go there with that in mind and enjoy the hunt.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And as a subcategory to #2 above , I look for the Interesting and Unusual . I have the usual catagories of usual stuff covered , I want Different .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Leather holsters , mid vintage fixed power scopes , older grips for handguns are perennial favorites .

I have a subspeciality for period correct , mid 20th century , high quality Sporterizations .

Anything .32WCF aka .32-20 , be it rifle, revolver, loading tools, etc

Kathleen DuMais Memorial Cap & Ball revolvers.

A long mid-burner list of various firearms , if I every come accross one in sufficient condition for suitable price .

Added - Inexpensive knives with old school Carbon Steel blades

All that said, I'll really be trying hard to not spend anything tomorrow .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom