• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    haven't been back there in a few years, total letdown if you've been to chantilly, in terms of both #tables/vendors and prices.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I used to go to that show, but it just kept getting worse, I haven't been to it in about 2 years.
    There were usually a hand full of private sellers there, with some nice guns, a few pistol & AR dealers and a lot of sellers of misc. stuff.
    It just wasn't worth the hour drive for me.

A better Va. show this weekend is the Virginia Gun Collectors Association show in Manassas, at the Prince William County Fairgrounds.
    Lots of C&R stuff, WWI & WWII items most are in good condition, but not cheap.

http://www.vgca.net/

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No experience with Winchester , but Manassas is decent .

Pontificating generally , good vs not so good is very subjective, and in no way correlated with size . I've been to shows I thought were great, and others said sucked, and vice versa .

Under the concept that even a severely medicore gun show is better than a good day at work , if I ever had more of a life , I'd enjoy exploring small shows further afield .

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    The Mrs. changed my plans for the day so not going to make it. I been there a few times and recognize some of the vendors from Chantilly. Lately I've been a hunt for .22 Winchester Auto and .228 bullets.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Think I’m going to try the Manassas show today. Hopefully I’ll find some M1 carbine mags that I’m looking for. And I think I’ll stop by the Cabela’s near there as I haven’t been to it yet. Should be a good day trip. Thanks for the info on the show!

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I used to go to that show, but it just keep getting worse, I haven't been to it in about 2 years.
    There were usually a hand full of private sellers there, with some nice guns, a few pistol & AR dealers and a lot of sellers of misc. stuff.
    It just wasn't worth the hour drive for me.

A better Va. show this weekend is the Virginia Gun Collectors Association show in Manassas, at the Prince William County Fairgrounds.
    Lots of C&R stuff, WWI & WWII items most are in good condition, but not cheap.

http://www.vgca.net/

Just want to say thanks for bringing this show to my intention! It was a small but great show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom