• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Considering a few of my friends work for DoC at the only two Western MD facilities in the mountains, I'd have to say that I do know what I'm talking about. I'd suggest you lay low with the snarky responses, till you get the lay of the land.

Under advisement and unless YOU have been there done that you probably know about 10% of what you think you know.

Maybe it's reading comprehension, didn't you bother to note I said I IMAGINE they're on lockdown? :rolleyes:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I actually heard the opposite, that some of the other prisoners protected her from that. She was held hostage until the SWAT teams breached the walls and went in hot, so I hope for her sake that they really did protect her.

It's believed that the CO (Sgt Steven Floyd) died early in the incident, he was able to radio a warning that prevented more COs from getting captured. At any rate, he will be remembered...

The Delaware Cabela's is having a benefit cookout next Saturday (2/11) starting at 10am with the proceeds going to a fund in CO Sgt Steven Floyd's name... sadly I'll be working but I'm sure that they won't have a problem selling out.

link for tickets or are they buy when you get there?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    CONTRARY to popular belief prison is for PUNISHMENT and NOT reformation or rehabilitating.

Is that so? The Federal prison system is all about and pushes reentry reentry reentry for inmates to return into society. They make all of them get their GEDs, offer them rehabilitative drug programs, as well as vo tech classes and other training to "rehabilitate" them to be become productive members of society. Some inmates actually utilize those programs and get everything that they can from them while others just use them to play the game to get time knocked off of their sentences. Nursing home residents get far worse treatment than inmates. The only thing most inmates lose inside of prison is their freedom to come and go as they please...and at some facilities, depending on their level, they can pretty much come and go as they please for the most part within the confines of their housing units and/or compound. The latter I'm referring to reminds one more of a college campus than a prison.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Is that so? The Federal prison system is all about and pushes reentry reentry reentry for inmates to return into society. They make all of them get their GEDs, offer them rehabilitative drug programs, as well as vo tech classes and other training to "rehabilitate" them to be become productive members of society. Some inmates actually utilize those programs and get everything that they can from them while others just use them to play the game to get time knocked off of their sentences. Nursing home residents get far worse treatment than inmates. The only thing most inmates lose inside of prison is their freedom to come and go as they please...and at some facilities, depending on their level, they can pretty much come and go as they please for the most part within the confines of their housing units and/or compound. The latter I'm referring to reminds one more of a college campus than a prison.

Delaware like Maryland isn't Federal. Their mission is Public Safety and the prisoners are being punished. I have no idea if the fed teaches that or not but I do know what Md taught in the 90's.

Yes, they all have GED programs, a library ect. Keeps some of their minds occupied.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/fourth_circuit/2012/10/prison-is-for-punishment-not-rehabilitation.html

Tapia's holding cited the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, which states, "imprisonment is not an appropriate means of promoting correction and rehabilitation." In short, according to both Congress and SCOTUS, prison is useless for rehabilitation. Our official incarceration policy is to punish behavior, not to correct it. - See more at: http://blogs.findlaw.com/fourth_cir...-not-rehabilitation.html#sthash.fnHbAVgd.dpuf

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Delaware like Maryland isn't Federal. Their mission is Public Safety and the prisoners are being punished. I have no idea if the fed teaches that or not but I do know what Md taught in the 90's.

Yes, they all have GED programs, a library ect. Keeps some of their minds occupied.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/fourth_circuit/2012/10/prison-is-for-punishment-not-rehabilitation.html

Tapia's holding cited the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, which states, "imprisonment is not an appropriate means of promoting correction and rehabilitation." In short, according to both Congress and SCOTUS, prison is useless for rehabilitation. Our official incarceration policy is to punish behavior, not to correct it. - See more at: http://blogs.findlaw.com/fourth_cir...-not-rehabilitation.html#sthash.fnHbAVgd.dpuf

:lol2: ********. (From somebody who used to walk that beat.)

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    8 hours of rec time is hardly punishment. more than I get in a day

Yep. If most people actually knew how much crap Maryland gives inmates and how the state bends over backwards for them, there would probably be a new series of protests in the streets. Most of them get treated better than any employee ever has.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    If you still have them reread your academy books. ;)

If you're talking about the whole "History of Corrections" ******** and the "Just Deserts" era - it's a complete farce as is the DPSCS mission statement. What they claim is done and what is really done are two different things. Oddly enough, I do still have all that crap as well as all of the DCD's. (Although I'm not sure why I keep any of it.)

I'm way happier doing what I do now and don't regret getting out one bit but at the same time, I don't regret doing it either because despite the occasional scumbag employee that pops up, there are many good people I still call brother. Nobody has your back the way a legit CO brother does. He will fight to the death for you and you for him because inside you're surrounded by inmates on one side and the criminals in charge on the other side.

There's a lot of ******** on the inside, a lot of asshattery, and as mentioned before sadly the occasional scumbag that slips through the cracks, but once in a while the shit gets real and during those times when you roll out of a unit to answer a call and see an absolute sea of uniforms running with you to help somebody - the f@cking hair on the back of your neck will stand up from adrenaline and pride. Sadly for the good people who still do the job, public opinion and speculation are an unanswered argument because what happens inside stays inside and nobody worth their salt will ever publicly share the details of the real stories.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What does the word punishment mean. For a 1%er it means a lot different than a person from the inner city. Some would look at prison life as a dire punishment, almost inhuman. Then you will have others, who spend their time in prison thinking that it's not all that bad.

Punishment is a relative term.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    My faith in humanity restored

The benefit bbq was awesome

5 or 6 BBQ vendors food only cost your donation. These vendors donated the food and their time. I can see 1 doing it but the 5 or 6 there were made me feel so good about our society :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom