What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    In our Constitution, the States were given power via representation. Those States Representatives within the Federal framework, were their Senators. That is, until we people were hoodwinked into believing a "progressive" lie and voted in an amendment that took away States Representation, by popular vote (see amendment 17).

Before this, if a State did not like what their Senator was doing in D.C., they recalled and replaced them.

That and that alone was the brightline start of the "progressive" era.

Funny how the Fed and the 17th amendment came into being within a year or so of each other.

Coincidence?

jehu

May 23, 2005
    Revolution will morf out of the total Anarchy caused by the colapse of the unsastainable entitlements we have today. "Who is John Galt?":rolleyes:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I I think there will be a slide into economic collapse. Inflation will destroy the purchasing power of everyone, but especially those on public benefits.

I agree about the eventual collapse part. I disagree about inflation. Inflation implies lots of money in people's hands but prices too high to use that money. We're not in a Weimar Republic scenario or anything close. We're headed straight towards crushingly-high taxes on everything, causing tremendous deflation where hardly anyone has spare cash. Same end result by way of a different path. ObamaCare is the first such volley with many to follow.

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    "Just curious what everyone thinks is their point of no return."

One does not simply *start* a revolution...

One must wait for the right conditions or encourage them. In the sense that public sentiment is a requirement, many are already doing that work, whether it be political activism, introducing a friend to shooting, or teaching the next generation about freedom.

But say the ideological balance shifts dramatically on the SCOTUS and all the current momentum evaporates. Something would have to be done but exactly what is a tough question. The first civil disobedience would have to be non-violent and creative. Aside from the standard legal and political response, part of me would love it if someone pumped millions of gallons of sewage into IRS or CNN headquarters. In general, though, you would want the tyrants to show their true colors and be the ones who draw first blood.

Attachments

• one does not simply.jpg
      one does not simply.jpg
      6.8 KB · Views: 287

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I agree about the eventual collapse part. I disagree about inflation. Inflation implies lots of money in people's hands but prices too high to use that money. We're not in a Weimar Republic scenario or anything close. We're headed straight towards crushingly-high taxes on everything, causing tremendous deflation where hardly anyone has spare cash. Same end result by way of a different path. ObamaCare is the first such volley with many to follow.

No. Taxes can not be paid once the economy craters. Then the debt is dishonored via devaluing the currency. Then hyperinflation. Then cascade failure. Then civil unrest and or war..

Good bet we take a terror hit or two as well...

When it goes it will go very quickly..

Or we have a constititional convention before the crisis.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    "Just curious what everyone thinks is their point of no return."

One does not simply *start* a revolution...

One must wait for the right conditions or encourage them. In the sense that public sentiment is a requirement, many are already doing that work, whether it be political activism, introducing a friend to shooting, or teaching the next generation about freedom.

But say the ideological balance shifts dramatically on the SCOTUS and all the current momentum evaporates. Something would have to be done but exactly what is a tough question. The first civil disobedience would have to be non-violent and creative. Aside from the standard legal and political response, part of me would love it if someone pumped millions of gallons of sewage into IRS or CNN headquarters. In general, though, you would want the tyrants to show their true colors and be the ones who draw first blood.

The left will revolt long before the right. Just do. Nothing.

The left is doing all the work... they always do. After the damage is done then to move to the right. Most likely the government will be moveing to the right by then..

Our job is wait till the left has destoryed itself.. do nothing until then.. it will be hard.. you will want to restore order... do not...

The left will rise again, just as they did after Reagan if the price of leftism is to low.. let them pay the full measure. Do not restore order.. wait until they admit there folly... then say... " some problems can only be prevented -- not solved .. so sad..."

I kid you not. -- you can't bail then out or we will be right back at it within one generation... I am done with that.

The left wilk revolt.. we will.watch. then maybe we will rebuild.

Anything less will be a temporary fix.

We still have time to stop it.. not much.... but once it starts if you try and prevent it you will be blamed an the left will rise again.

I am not kidding....

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    The left will revolt long before the right. Just do. Nothing.

The left is doing all the work... they always do. After the damage is done then to move to the right. Most likely the government will be moveing to the right by then..

Our job is wait till the left has destoryed itself.. do nothing until then.. it will be hard.. you will want to restore order... do not...

The left will rise again, just as they did after Reagan if the price of leftism is to low.. let them pay the full measure. Do not restore order.. wait until they admit there folly... then say... " some problems can only be prevented -- not solved .. so sad..."

I kid you not. -- you can't bail then out or we will be right back at it within one generation... I am done with that.

The left wilk revolt.. we will.watch. then maybe we will rebuild.

Anything less will be a temporary fix.

We still have time to stop it.. not much.... but once it starts if you try and prevent it you will be blamed an the left will rise again.

I am not kidding....

Decent ideas, but what if we are killed in the meantime?

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Then stop the BS and win the hearts and minds to prevent it.

History is not ambiguous here. Public support is needed either way..

I don't disagree, but I have absolutely no confidence that the low class black and Hispanic single mothers with 8 illegitimate children can ever be "won." I'd love to be proved wrong.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Well don't talk to them. 5 % swing. Talk to the ones we can reach

5% now. What about in 30 years when they're 50%?

Middle and upper middle class whites (the conservative "base") have 2 or 3 kids each. Shaniqua and Consuela have 6-8, and nearly all of them grow up to be dependent on the state. If we don't find a way to change this country's demographic trajectory, we are screwed.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Middle and upper middle class whites (the conservative "base") have 2 or 3 kids each. Shaniqua and Consuela have 6-8, and nearly all of them grow up to be dependent on the state. If we don't find a way to change this country's demographic trajectory, we are screwed.

Then give up. I will be dead in 30 years anyway. And you and your bs is making it less likely that we will build citizens.

Stop the BS if you want to shift the country back on course...

Mr H

Banana'd

Then we have to change the conditions that allow this to perpetuate.

Welfare reform (in many forms), and they key to it being a refusal to pay for more than 2.

It will require changing out legislators who won't help with those who will.

But none of it happens with us sitting here saying it'll never change, or it's just too hard.

We won't know unless we try--and keep trying.

RareBird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 11, 2013
    T
    Welfare reform (in many forms), and they key to it being a refusal to pay for more than 2.

There will never be any voluntary welfare reform. The welfare reform that Slick Willie signed, kicking and screaming, was watered down to nothingness by Obama.

The collapse will take care of it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom