Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles

Notices

Old January 13th, 2018, 09:12 PM #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini14tac View Post
Yes! A 45 version would be a nice addition to my Marlin Camp Carbine 45!
Maybe, Military Arms Channel discovered the bolt face is easily removable with 2 pins. He thinks other calibers might be in the works.

I have an original PC9 and it feels very much like a 10/22 with a heavy police trigger. I bought the CZ scorpion a while ago and could have my arm twisted into selling the Ruger.

The CZ has a very different badass SMG look and a foldable stock. But I an old geezer, I'm not really going to walk around with a rifle crammed into a backpack.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 09:50 PM #102

I saw one of these in person today so they are not a myth. Owner was a normal guy - maybe the rest of us will get a shot at buying one soon.
DutchV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 10:47 PM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
Maybe, Military Arms Channel discovered the bolt face is easily removable with 2 pins. He thinks other calibers might be in the works.
Thanks for the video link. Glad to see that it fed hollowpoints from Glock magazines. I like the idea of using my duty/carry load in there to keep around the house. Though, to MAC's point, our duty SMG load is 124gr NATO ball anyway.

Quote:
The CZ has a very different badass SMG look and a foldable stock. But I an old geezer, I'm not really going to walk around with a rifle crammed into a backpack.
Part of me wants to get one from Baltimore's Best Pawn right now, part of me wants to wait and see what aftermarket support materializes. The takedown feature lends itself well to a SBR conversion; I've got that system going with a 10/22 takedown SBR, which can swap stocks with the non-NFA rifle version. Maybe we'll see a PCC9 Charger version?

Of course I'm still getting configurations settled with my Glock and MP5 SBRs settled...
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 10:53 PM #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Thanks for the video link. Glad to see that it fed hollowpoints from Glock magazines. I like the idea of using my duty/carry load in there to keep around the house. Though, to MAC's point, our duty SMG load is 124gr NATO ball anyway.

Part of me wants to get one from Baltimore's Best Pawn right now, part of me wants to wait and see what aftermarket support materializes. The takedown feature lends itself well to a SBR conversion; I've got that system going with a 10/22 takedown SBR, which can swap stocks with the non-NFA rifle version. Maybe we'll see a PCC9 Charger version?

Of course I'm still getting configurations settled with my Glock and MP5 SBRs settled...
I'm going to stay in wait mode, Ruger's history with recalls (at least they fess up) with new products is dismal (Mark IV, Precision Carbine) give it a few runs and Ill be in. Particularly if they make a laminate or OD version.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 10:02 AM #105

Quote:

I have an original PC9 and it feels very much like a 10/22 with a heavy police trigger. I bought the CZ scorpion a while ago and could have my arm twisted into selling the Ruger.

Thanks for posting the video! Removable bolt face! No doubt Ruger is planning more calibers. Possibly as a kit including barrel, bolt face, extractor and magwell!

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by Mini14tac; January 14th, 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Mini14tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 08:59 PM #106

If they make more calibers and IF they make the parts available (as a kit?) for a reasonable price so you can buy one PCC and the. Swap the barrel and bolt face to go between, say, 9mm to .45, 10mm auto, .40S&W, etc. this goes from “I’ll buy one at some point, probably soon” to “I am mortgaging my soul to get my hands on one”

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles