Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Western Maryland

Notices

Old January 13th, 2018, 12:18 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiBarcelona View Post
Car dealers are always more expensive because they gotta pay the big bucks to half their employees who all have manager in their official title; lot attendant manager, water bottle/coffee maintenance manager, showroom floor polish applications manager, etc.

Just kidding
Kidding about what? There are no free rides, even the lot boy has a price. Many buildings are leased, inventory is on a floor plan, after 90 days that car is costing them $$$ just to sit if it doesn't sell. Tools particular to certain vehicles aren't free or cheap.
TargetGrade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:38 PM #32

Dealers R all the SAME--we have all heard Horror Stories about Women getting RIPPED off at Dealers.
Wifey took Acura MDX to dealer for Factory Service and was told that it needed Brakes & Rotors (17,000 Miles) plus Front end alignment and they would B glad to do it while she was there for $ 879.00.
She declined and took it to a Local shop and was given a clean Bill of Health.

They prey on the FEAR Factor by mentioning Brakes, Tires etc as they know all ladies are familiar with those items and know that Bad things can happen if they R defective

Jim
Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:28 PM #33
I nose nothing

I nose nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
Dealers R all the SAME--we have all heard Horror Stories about Women getting RIPPED off at Dealers.
Wifey took Acura MDX to dealer for Factory Service and was told that it needed Brakes & Rotors (17,000 Miles) plus Front end alignment and they would B glad to do it while she was there for $ 879.00.
She declined and took it to a Local shop and was given a clean Bill of Health.

They prey on the FEAR Factor by mentioning Brakes, Tires etc as they know all ladies are familiar with those items and know that Bad things can happen if they R defective

Jim
The word ALL is painting a pretty broad brush, to the tune of 10s of thousands of dealerships across the country based on the experience of one person. Not to mention it may not even be a reflection on that entire dealership, but rather a lone crooked service writer.

If the manager at my shop found out about something like that a head or two would roll.

By that logic, ALL ffls are crooked because one tried to force me to buy a bore lock from them instead of bringing my own...

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Western Maryland