• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actual Marlin 60's have been going up in recent years . The 795 has taken the place in the current Marlin product line that used to belong to the 60 .

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    T/C Contender with .22 Carbine barrel and shoulder stock. Break action slows down a new shooter so they think about the fundamentals. Add a Williams aperture sight and it makes a fine target rifle. When you get tired of .22 buy another barrel with a different chamber and switch, it can be rim fire or center fire. If you buy it in a pistol configuration you can change it from pistol to rifle and back to pistol any time you want. You can even get a Choate AR style collapsible stock with adjustable pull length. Add a scope, a bipod, fancy wood, etc lots of choices lots of vendors, any time you get tired change it to something else.

Link to T/C:
    https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/interchangeable-platforms/g2-contender

Link to Bullberry Barrel Works for caliber list:
    https://www.bullberry.com/custom-contender-barrels

Link to Williams sights:
    https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-fp-tc/

Link To Choate stock:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...ontender-only-rifle-steel-and-synthetic-black

Link to fancy wood:
    https://www.bullberry.com/custom-woodwork-gallery

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This and the Marlin 60, which is a LOT cheaper. :thumbsup:

Probably best semi-automatic 22lr for the money. I much prefer a tube fed rifle, and with speed loader, insanely fast reloads and no magazines to misplace. We find ours more accurate than the 10/22. My boy, 11 made a dime size group, 14rds and one hole at 25yds. The Browning BL-22 video previous, I like that guy's reviews. Check out his review on White Lightning targets, highly recommend. You'll need to cross the border to keep supplies and shoot them though.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    My 10/22 was great for ammo that cost >10c/rd. Anything cheaper was unreliable. Tested with multiple brands, but the cheap stuff did not work at all - I still have my big green bucket of bullets that was a jam every 8 rds or so.

Sold the 10/22, bought a CZ455 bolt, put on a Boyd's stock. Best 22 ever, no problems with the cheap 5c/rd stuff, lights out with Wolf match.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Probably best semi-automatic 22lr for the money. I much prefer a tube fed rifle, and with speed loader, insanely fast reloads and no magazines to misplace. We find ours more accurate than the 10/22. My boy, 11 made a dime size group, 14rds and one hole at 25yds. The Browning BL-22 video previous, I like that guy's reviews. Check out his review on White Lightning targets, highly recommend. You'll need to cross the border to keep supplies and shoot them though.

Now I'm down to 4. A 10/22, late 1940's Marlin 39 with heavy Ballard rifling, Remington model 24 and a cheap Glenfield 60 that a guy threw in as a bonus when I bought a 03A3 at York show. Hard to say which is better, the Marlin and the Remington certainly are worth 4X plus the Glenfield but as far as shooting and cycling... they're all about equally as good. Go figure. :confused:
    I don't "NEED" it but Id like the Browning. slicker than snot.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    My approach to the .22lr is like any other tool... I look to see what the task at hand is, and I use the best tool for the job.

Target Rimfire: Anschutz M54
    Squirrel rifle: I'm looking at either the Ruger American or the CZ 452
    Plinker: S&W MP15-22
    Jack of all Trades: Ruger 10/22 T

That's just me...

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    Henry is making the AR-7 as the US Survival rifle now. I love mine. I usually take a few .22 rifles when my 11 year old son wants to shoot. He has an old single shot Chipmunk and he likes the 10/22 but with optics it is much heavier than the Henry. The Henry is very accurate with open sights and you barely notice the weight when carrying it.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Years back I was looking for a semi auto 22 LR that was consistently accurate but didn't hit the wallet hard. I tried the 10/22's four times.
    Each was a yawn performer except for the one I built a-la-Sportman's Team Challenge format. That worked well but I ended up with what was essentially
    almost a full size 22 rifle. Sold them all. Tried the Remington 597...yawn as well, accuracy so-so. Bought a Marlin 795...it filled out the place in my
    lineup well. Light, handy size, accurate, reliable....trigger usable. Even with a Bushnell 25 dot sight it was light and handy. I enjoyed it and used it
    for years. In the last two years I finally found two 10/22's that shot well, grouped well and were reliable. Sold the Marlin. I still recommend it. Have a
    22 year old Model 60...I can recommend it, too. Along with an older JM stamped Marlin built Glenfield bolt action.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Savage Mk II BV. Target below at 50 yards.

Attachments

• 20180225_151709.jpg
      20180225_151709.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 159
    • 20180305_193459.jpg
      20180305_193459.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 167

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Just go to the top of the mountain. I wandered a long time before getting there.

http://cooperfirearms.com/jackson-squirrel
    I've never heard of them, which is not surprising as I'm over here thinking that my CZ455 HB is the pinnacle of 22s... Haven't gotten to play in this world yet.

I assume these are all custom made, to support such a choice of calibers? Does this company fabricate or just assemble?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Some great ideas on here! At this point, I'm thinking about building up one of my lowers into an AR22 type deal, never had one before, so it might be a fun project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom