• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Normally I would agree with the fact that after two relists the odds of a grant go down, but there was/is a huge backlog of cases relisted and rescheduled which they held until Gorsuch participated in conference. From the may 11th conference there were almost 20 redistributed cases.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    For mid may 2015 conference cases that were redistributed, there is exactly 50-50 chance the case was denied cert (with out without dissent, but usually with), 50-50 chance the case was "decided" (Per curiam, GVR, or scheduled for oral arguments and decided on merits). The only cases that were held over until next term were ones where the SCT requested a response from the Solicitor General. There are a few cases from 2015 and 2016 where they redistributed the case a few times, then asked for a response (all I checked were ultimately denied). FWIW, there are 10 more cases redistributed compared to the same conference last year, and 6 more cases redistributed than 2015.

I'd say at this point it's exactly a coin flip whether its a grant or denial.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Could this be the exceptional case where they court holds a case over until next session?

I don't know if that would necessarily be exceptional, remember the court is getting cert petitions all the time so no doubt they get some at the final conference in June and they don't act on it.

My guess is with the amount of rescheduled/relists already occurring, we will get action before summer recess.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    For mid may 2015 conference cases that were redistributed, there is exactly 50-50 chance the case was denied cert (with out without dissent, but usually with), 50-50 chance the case was "decided" (Per curiam, GVR, or scheduled for oral arguments and decided on merits). The only cases that were held over until next term were ones where the SCT requested a response from the Solicitor General. There are a few cases from 2015 and 2016 where they redistributed the case a few times, then asked for a response (all I checked were ultimately denied). FWIW, there are 10 more cases redistributed compared to the same conference last year, and 6 more cases redistributed than 2015.

I'd say at this point it's exactly a coin flip whether its a grant or denial.

Accounting for previous "variable change", the odds should go up. Though I think the odds for Yahtzee are still better.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    We're in uncharted territory due to having a new justice this close to the end of the term. Most justices retire in June and their replacement is seated in August.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If he knew, he wouldn't tell you ;)

I'm going to be the pessimist and say it's been denied with a dissent.

Hoping I'm wrong.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    If he knew, he wouldn't tell you ;)

I'm going to be the pessimist and say it's been denied with a dissent.

Hoping I'm wrong.

If so, it probably won't be on Tuesday. Too soon. Maybe on the last order day of the Term. Binderup has a better chance of a grant on the SG's petition, but that has been relisted 3 times too. Tuesday may be interesting.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Here's to hoping for a per curiam :fingerscrossed:

Me too but I just can't imagine how other than the granting of the state's intervention which IMO would be pointless since Sheriff Prieto on the Richards case would keep fighting unlike Gore. We would waste more time just to have another similar opinion by the 9th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom