• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I use Satellite Tracker for my Android phone, it was free. Take a look and see if you might like that one.

That looks pretty nice. I try to stay away from stuff that has ads, in-app purchases or things that want access to everything on the phone. I'm not saying this does, it's just that's generally how I start to weed out apps.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    That looks pretty nice. I try to stay away from stuff that has ads, in-app purchases or things that want access to everything on the phone. I'm not saying this does, it's just that's generally how I start to weed out apps.

On android you can disable the things an app has access to, even it it thinks it needs it.

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Okay. I guess the author has left his own webpage up and running but moved development to source forge. Maybe that's why I got that impression anyway.

http://gpredict.oz9aec.net/

Well that's a very good reason to think that!

Such is the fragmentation of open-source software (not that I don't love it..) It often migrates from one system to another leaving the older pages behind without pointers, as in this case. SF -> Github, oh and the authors page too! Don't feel bad, happens to me all the time!!

Good software for tracking ISS passes. One of my goals someday is to hit the packet repeater there. Someday.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Wahoo!

I made a contact from HL to someone in Maryland, tonight (your morning). Anyone know K3ZO?

I also made contacts to Florida, South Carolina, Michigan, Kansas, and California, among others. I had a scheduled QSO, and had to break from the mini pile-up. :(

Finally, some good 20m propagation!

Did it on 100w and a homebrew moxon (HL1ZIX).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Wahoo!

I made a contact from HL to someone in Maryland, tonight (your morning). Anyone know K3ZO?

I also made contacts to Florida, South Carolina, Michigan, Kansas, and California, among others. I had a scheduled QSO, and had to break from the mini pile-up. :(

Looks like you made quite a few more US contacts since then.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    You can look up K3ZO on the FCC website for contact info, I'm sure you know that already and was wondering if anyone knows him personally, correct?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Wahoo!

ALFRED. Temple hills.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Saturday my friend KBBJ had a portable unit set up at the end of a 4WD trail we drove in Colorado. He made two contacts in Alabama and then he had a conversation with a HAM operator in Maryland. Was that anyone here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom