• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I've been looking at several Ruger American rifles online. Read some reviews of differences and negatives on each of Ruger Americans, Savage and Remingtons vs cost and quality.

Seem to me that $315.00 to $400
    for Ruger even without scope is a good deal considering safety, trigger and bolt locking mechanism with newer bedding system makes it a no brainer to me.
    30-06 caliber will replace my current gun now in classifieds.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/all-american-ruger-american-rifle-review/

http://i2.wp.com/www.grandviewoutdo...5/GVMG_brobb_rifle-and-target.jpg?fit=640,400

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    When I bought my Browning A-Bolt II in .243 a couple of years back, the final choice was between Browning, Tikka, and Ruger. And I shouldered dozens of rifles during my search.

You couldn't give me a Remington. Savage looked and felt like they mounted a receiver and barrel on a stock that was a cross between a baseball bat and fat sub roll. Weatherby's we're ungodly heavy, chunky, and unwieldy.

The uber-shiny chrome bolt and handle turned me off to Tikka. It looked, wholly, out of place on a svelte rifle meant for carrying and hunting. Now we're down to two.

The Ruger American is a solidly built rifle. The one, great, feature is that the bolt handle is cross mounted through the bolt body (it won't snap off like a Remington). It also has a true free floated barrel. And its ergonomics and the way it shouldered was only second to the Browning. Now we're down to one.

The Browning was only $150.00 more than the Ruger American at the time ( it was being deleted from the Browning line). It seemed like extra money well spent. And was.

Buy that Ruger and sleep well knowing you bought a great rifle at a great price.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    When I bought my Browning A-Bolt II in .243 a couple of years back, the final choice was between Browning, Tikka, and Ruger. And I shouldered dozens of rifles during my search. You couldn't give me a Remington. Savage looked and felt like they mounted a receiver and barrel on stock that was a cross between a baseball bat and fat sub roll. Weatherby's we're ungodly heavy, chunky, and unwieldy.

The uber-shiny chrome bolt and handle turned me off to Tikka. It looked, wholly, out of place on a svelte rifle meant for carrying and hunting.

The Ruger America is a solidly built rifle. The one, great, feature is that the bolt handle is cross mounted through the bolt body (it won't snap off like a Remington). It also has a true free floated barrel. And its ergonomics and the way it shouldered was only second to the Browning.

The Browning was only $150.00 more than the Ruger American at the time ( it was being deleted from the Browning line). And it seemed like extra money well spent. And was.

Buy that Ruger and sleep well knowing you bought a great rifle at a great price.

:thumbsup::) Thank you for the confirmation. I try and do my homework on a purchase. And for the money that's not easy to come by today.

Clearly a Browning reputation for the money is worth it too.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I've got one in 22 250. Spent 5 min on the trigger and made sure the stock didn't contact the barrel. My first hand loads were right at moa at 100 and factory hornady shot pretty good in it too.

Solid deer rifle, still need more time out at farther distance to see if it's a good critter getter.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I love my Ruger American Ranch rifle in 300 BLK. The mags are bit chintzy and overpriced, but otherwise the rifle in terms of performance and price point shines. It's one of those rifles that I don't ever expect to sell.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I found several online for around $300 including on gunbroker. found one with wold camo at CDNN Sport online for $299.00 Those are all great deals considering MSRP.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I've got one in 5.56. Factory rail and threaded barrel with a nice, smooth trigger. The plastic magazines aren't the best, but overall it's a solid rifle that you can't go wrong with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom