• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    These have the early "dull metal alloy" followers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      98.3 KB · Views: 584

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Final word: if you are prowling the gun shows looking for Colt 20s, print out this great guide from the man who has a comma in his name, James Wesley, Rawles...of Survivalblog fame. Early in his prepper career, he scooped up boxloads of Colt mags at yard sale prices because, well, he could see what was coming:

http://www.rawles.to/AR-15_M16_Magazine_FAQ.html

P.S. In his own words, here is why James Wesley, Rawles includes a comma between his middle name and his last name:

I use the comma to make a distinction between my Christian name, and my family name. My Christian name (James Wesley) is my property. My family name (Rawles) is the common property of all those that share the Rawles bloodline, and our wives.

Brilliant guy, but the only American I have ever encountered who does this...

Last edited:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Makes me wonder if these guys have any collector value. They have been setting in my safe for years.

Attachments

• 20160824_134405.jpg
      20160824_134405.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 476
    • 20160824_135254.jpg
      20160824_135254.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 467

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    help me understand this. one can make their own ar 15 rifle from a lower 80%. Well what happens when you finish it and want to try it out at local range. if you get pulled over with a gun with no ser. number any cop could take it RIGHT??? Technically they can confiscate any weapon that has no Ser. number. how can u prove you made it,, how can u disprove it. You can have your pistol and hql and paperwork for your pistol you bought but what can u have for your "Ghost Gun"..
    Please tell me

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    help me understand this. one can make their own ar 15 rifle from a lower 80%. Well what happens when you finish it and want to try it out at local range. if you get pulled over with a gun with no ser. number any cop could take it RIGHT??? Technically they can confiscate any weapon that has no Ser. number. how can u prove you made it,, how can u disprove it. You can have your pistol and hql and paperwork for your pistol you bought but what can u have for your "Ghost Gun"..
    Please tell me

As I understand it(and I know that...) home made guns are legal as long as you are allowed to own said firearm. Now, try and remove a serial #, that's a bozo no-no.

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    has anyone here made their own from 80% lowers and go to and from the range, or better yet has ever been pulled over. I have scoured the md laws and yes i understand that its legal made into the lawful config but isnt it also legal for md police to confiscate any weapon that has no ser number. not scratched or written over .
    thanks

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I have been to many ranges over the years and in several states. I have taken AR15 pistols and rifles. Not one time have I ever been asked to show my serial number to anyone. I have never been in a situation where a police officer asked to see one of my guns.

That being said, I do not own a lower that I made myself from an 80% finished one. The way I understand it, there was a federal law pass back in the 1960s, (1968?) that allows you to make your own firearms. It has already been said that you can have a gun with no serial number that you made yourself. Not made by anybody else and given or sold to you. If a firearm ever had a serial number, it is unlawful to remove or change it.

If you are ever questioned about a firearm, and if it is still true in this country, (it should be) that you are innocent until proven guilty, then the burden of proof lies with the police officer to show that you did something illegal.

Now, if you are doing something foolish enough to get the attention of the police in a negative way and you have a firearm on you that has no serial number, you will probably have to explain yourself in court. Win or loose, this will be expensive and will probably show on your record that will follow you forever.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Couldn't you just put your own serial number on the gun. Use your initials and 0001. Or better yet a big number like 4827, then they can wonder about the 4826 other ghost guns you've produced.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Please tell me

has anyone here made their own from 80% lowers and go to and from the range, or better yet has ever been pulled over. I have scoured the md laws and yes i understand that its legal made into the lawful config but isnt it also legal for md police to confiscate any weapon that has no ser number. not scratched or written over .
    thanks

You sound out of breath. Did you run to get here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom