• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Republicans push bill to split up ‘nutty 9th Circuit’
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/09/bill-to-split-nutty-9th-circuit-gains-momentum.html

Republican Sens. Jeff Flake and John McCain of Arizona introduced legislation last month to carve six states out of the San Francisco-based court circuit and create a brand new 12th Circuit.

They argue that the 9th is too big, too liberal and too slow resolving cases. If they succeed, only California, Oregon, Hawaii and two island districts would remain in the 9th's judicial fiefdom.

:party29::party29::party29:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    so if their caseload is halved, what do they do with the extra uber liberal judges? send them to the 12th?

what does this accomplish politically?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This sounds like a good idea worth pursuing. At warp speed.

Also, there are currently a lot of federal judicial vacancies at all levels, that Trump and the R's should fill. At warp speed.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Oh well, sucks to be you libs. Gerrymandering everything around is just fine when you are in charge.

This sums it up perfect. I once had a very liberal guy complain to me once about the gerrymandering that happens out west. I asked him if he had seen the districts for Maryland. His response was that the Republican gerrymander more so what happens in Maryland is justified. :sad20:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    democrats and republicans have been talking about splitting the 9th for years. The judges are obviously opposed because it would dilute their power

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I keep getting the feeling that Trump is several steps ahead of the Dems and the liberals. This is a scary kind of genius if he is. I speculated before the election that he and Ryan (the establishment Republicans) might be faking their animosity toward each other so that he could not only win the election but also have both houses of Congress be a Republican majority. That's what happened.

Right now we have in play: 1) reversal of the Johnson Amendment, 2) building a wall (securing the borders), 3) deporting illegal aliens, 4) restricting immigration, 5) building things in America, 6) defeating ISIS, 7) rebuilding our military, 8) rebuilding our infrastructure, 9) becoming energy independent, etc.

This could be transformational.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I keep getting the feeling that Trump is several steps ahead of the Dems and the liberals. This is a scary kind of genius if he is. I speculated before the election that he and Ryan (the establishment Republicans) might be faking their animosity toward each other so that he could not only win the election but also have both houses of Congress be a Republican majority. That's what happened.

Right now we have in play: 1) reversal of the Johnson Amendment, 2) building a wall (securing the borders), 3) deporting illegal aliens, 4) restricting immigration, 5) building things in America, 6) defeating ISIS, 7) rebuilding our military, 8) rebuilding our infrastructure, 9) becoming energy independent, etc.

This could be transformational.

I agree. He seems to be skilled at using distraction to close a deal. And the leftists are so emotional and easily baited it's easy to get them to look at the left hand which is giving them the middle finger when in reality they should be looking at the right hand that is writing out the orders.

I also think his comment about how he's replacing Scalia with a similar judge but might appoint a more moderate guy next time to likely be just salesmanship to get Gorsuch through. I think we are getting another Scalia every time on his SCOTUS appointments, and I am loving it. :lol2:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Do it, now.

If a circuit needs to have a lottery to have an en banc panel, it's too big. All the of the arguments against it are silly. One of the new split circuits will still be uber liberal, and therefore provide the conflict needed to advance a case.

Really, they should add two justices to the Supreme Court as well, to lighten the load.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Looks like the 'Nutty 9th' would be able to keep it's moniker as CA/HI/OR along with Guam and Marianas Islands would remain under CA9.

The new 12th Circuit would gather up the remaining states.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...5-other-states-nutty-9th-circuit-court-may-be

SUBTRACT-THE-NINTH-FEB07-17.jpg

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Lets take Oregon out of the 9th and give them Alaska in its place
    As i say those famous words from Star Trek The next Generation to have it done
    "Engage"

Honestly, what we really should do is split California. Half would go in the old 9th circus, half in the new one.

And maybe split the 9th into 3 districts maybe - 10, 10, and 9 judges

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Honestly, what we really should do is split California. Half would go in the old 9th circus, half in the new one.

And maybe split the 9th into 3 districts maybe - 10, 10, and 9 judges

A state can't span two circuits, otherwise state laws would be valid or invalid depending on where you're standing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom