• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spatchcock

Sep 7, 2015
    Last night I found a fraudulent charge on my credit card from a place called "mobilifier" for $20. From this link, it looks like folks who shopped at Natchez Shooter Supply had their credit card information stolen and used for this. I had purchased some ammunition from them in late September. If you have bought from them you should make sure you aren't a victim as well.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's been years since I bought from Natchez but it's worth watching. Thank you.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sh!t. I just bought a bunch of 'stuff' from them. I have great opsec with my CCs but, I really hate changing into new CCs every time some POS steals my card.

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    you're not the only one..

Last night I found a fraudulent charge on my credit card from a place called "mobilifier" for $20. From this link, it looks like folks who shopped at Natchez Shooter Supply had their credit card information stolen and used for this. I had purchased some ammunition from them in late September. If you have bought from them you should make sure you aren't a victim as well.

A good friend had the same crap happen - only purchase ever made with the CC he used was from Natchez... Turned into a real pain in the butt for him..

spatchcock

Sep 7, 2015
    I shop online quite a bit and this is the first time I have had a problem. I am cautious about checking my credit card statement, though. Natchez had bulk .22 in stock, it ended up being about 7.5 cents a round with shipping.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Fortunately.... I never do bidness' with Natchez.

They completely pissed me off a long time ago.....
    and still plug my mail box with their worthless catalogues.

I hope it costs em' a mint.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    CC company's are very good about investigating fraud and as long as you report it relatively quickly, you will be protected by the CC company.

CC is much better to use for most purchases online and reoccurring bills. Avoid using direct payment from your bank account and avoid using debit cards, even if they are debit/CC.

If your card offers security features, use them; i.e. Passwords, complex pins, only ship to address you give them. Restricted use, etc.

Also try this: Have two different credit cards for purchases; use one for a month, then switch to the other for a month. This makes it easer to spot any fraud charges.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Thanks for this heads up. Of course, I made my first purchase from them in years a couple days ago.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    thanks for heads up ...but..don't use anything linked to my bank card or other
    credit card. I prefer to use prepaid cards that are re-loadable all for free, direct deposit in one of $50.00 other one $25.00..so no problem here. Just an FYI had my card compromised 3 times..in the past...it's a b*tch to have to wait for a new card...

-Rock

spatchcock

Sep 7, 2015
    Yes, I am waiting for my new credit card now while all the things I had hooked up to automatically pay are sending me emails about how the old one isn't working anymore.:tdown:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    CC company's are very good about investigating fraud and as long as you report it relatively quickly, you will be protected by the CC company.

I disagree. I was told flat out by my credit card company when I had fraudulent charges a few years ago, they would not pursue prosecution of those involved.

spatchcock

Sep 7, 2015
    Trying to limit the costs of fraud to themselves is probably more cost effective for them than prosecuting the fraudsters. Gotta do what's best for the shareholders.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I disagree. I was told flat out by my credit card company when I had fraudulent charges a few years ago, they would not pursue prosecution of those involved.

Inestigate they will.

Not sure if prosecution ever really happens.

Operating cost and the built in protection of using a CC.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Inestigate they will.

Not sure if prosecution ever really happens.

Operating cost and the built in protection of using a CC.

They told me "We don't go after them". They wanted no other information but the usual, card number, date, and which charge.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I have been hacked twice in my life. Both times were after ordering from Natchez. Both were brand new cards that were only used at Natchez. This happened in 2013 and 2014. I quit ordering from them. I brought it to their attention and was blown off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom