AR Heavy Barrel, Lots of Chips, and Weight Loss.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I don't think the barrel is trashed at all.

As for heating up, we'll see when I take it out next the time and shoot it cold.

I am completely happy with the PMC and will buy more of it.

I am not happy with a gritty 5-1/2 pound military trigger and shooting off a sandbag. Not conducive to accurate shooting.

Ya'll have fun busting balls. :)

haha sure do. Give american eagle 50 grain varmint polymer tipped ammo a try. It's shooting great for me with a 1/9 twist DTI barrel. It's some of the best shooting cheap stuff I've found.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    haha sure do. Give american eagle 50 grain varmint polymer tipped ammo a try. It's shooting great for me with a 1/9 twist DTI barrel. It's some of the best shooting cheap stuff I've found.

Will try some.

Crappy ammo for a crappy barrel.

And if I run out of ammo, I'll just throw rocks.

And get the same accuracy.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I am a fan of PMC bronze. I roll my own but have personally seen it run well in 6-8 different rifles w/chrome bore M4 profile to several different quality mfg's. I like reloading in PMC brass as well.:D
    How did you crown it? That can make a big difference too.....

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just because it did not blow up when you shot a few rounds, does NOT make it safe.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I am a fan of PMC bronze. I roll my own but have personally seen it run well in 6-8 different rifles w/chrome bore M4 profile to several different quality mfg's. I like reloading in PMC brass as well.:D
    How did you crown it? That can make a big difference too.....

The only crown it has right now is from spinning it against a disc sander.

Just squared the fence to the disc and pressed the barrel into the disc while spinning the barrel against the fence. It trues things up, but is hardly precise.

I don't have a crowning tool and bushing small enough for a .223. All I have is .30 caliber and over. I need to find a place and send it out.

Or call Pacific Tool and Gauge and buy a small crowning tool and bushing set.

And that PMC Bronze shoots tight groups out of my H&R .223 Handi-Rifle. Other brands spread out. My Lou45 Mini-14 loves the American Eagle in the above photo.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The only crown it has right now is from spinning it against a disc sander.

Just squared the fence to the disc and pressed the barrel into the disc while spinning the barrel against the fence. It trues things up, but is hardly precise.

I don't have a crowning tool and bushing small enough for a .223. All I have is .30 caliber and over. I need to find a place and send it out.

Or call Pacific Tool and Gauge and buy a small crowning tool and bushing set.

And that PMC Bronze shoots tight groups out of my H&R .223 Handi-Rifle. Other brands spread out. My Lou45 Mini-14 loves the American Eagle in the above photo.

That would help explain those 50 yard groups...

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Put your barrel in a 3 jaw chuck. Then take a 45 degree cutter and put it in a holder. Spin your compound around til your 45 is at 11.5 degrees and cut it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom