• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hi Guys,

My G34 trigger is driving me nuts. Is there any kind of mod or drop in kit that will take the mushiness out of it and break cleanly? Maybe something like the DCK for the MP series?

Thanks in advance!

K

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's a Glock.

It has a Glock trigger, you were expecting a 1911 ?

Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks well enough, and like them with a NY-1 even better, but it's still striker fired.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's a Glock.

It has a Glock trigger, you were expecting a 1911 ?

Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks well enough, and like them with a NY-1 even better, but it's still striker fired.

The G34 and G35 are supposed to be competition models. I had a G35, couldn't warm up to it so I sold it and got a double-stack 1911. After Hatfield's did some work the trigger is like breaking a glass rod and very short reset.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Hi Guys,

My G34 trigger is driving me nuts. Is there any kind of mod or drop in kit that will take the mushiness out of it and break cleanly? Maybe something like the DCK for the MP series?

Thanks in advance!

K

There are a bunch of options for triggers and mods, but I recommend dry firing the hell out of it and seeing if it smooths out at all. I'm talking like a 1000 plus

dendog

Mar 5, 2011
    Howard County
    For my glock 22 and 35 that I use for IPSC take out the trigger spring and use just the polymer part of a factory glock ny1 trigger spring. I gives a firm trigger break with a hard trigger reset. This set up is good for matches but I would not tell you to ever carry one like this.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

K

****A decent trigger job will get you the feel you need. Lots of companies make drop in kits. Ghost, Vickers, Vanek, as well as several aftermarket vendors that sell their own proprietary services using their parts, or just polishing yours up, etc.. If you go to a range regularly, there are usually folks there with Glocks that have had some mods. Since you aren't asking to try their wives, maybe they will let you finger bang their modified Glocks.

I prefer short takeup with a very clean break and short reset for strings of fire in IDPA type shooting. I usually like my competition guns at about 3.5-4lbs pull but I know others with *much* less as well as the more typical 5lbs.

I've paid gunsmiths to modify the trigger on a couple of guns and it definitely felt better than most of the simpler drop in kits. I don't shoot any better doing basic paper plinking, or bullseye shooting, but the difference is noticeable in my scoring as well as comfort during complex stages in IDPA, etc..

We had a guy come out to our range one day who was awesome and he just *crushed* all of our souls in the event using a stock, iron sighted Glock 19, versus guys with space guns, optics, blah blah. It wasn't even close. I'm starting to learn its really NOT about the trigger or gun, but I still do have preferences for feel, break, etc...

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

K
    Buy the ZEV Fulcrum kit. Its a drop-in with the ability to adjust the over and pretravel also. After feeling another shooters competition Glock 17 I bought the kit as quick as I could find one. Is it in the same league as my Bul M-5 Custom Shop limited gun or my STI Open gun? No, but it is very fine trigger right now regardless.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

K
    I felt the same way, but I got past it and find it very accurate. I don't know if Gaston planed it that way or it was an accident. He never really designed firearms before the Glock 17 introduction.

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    There are tons of drop in triggers you can try. You could also try the glock 25 cent trigger job. There are a few videos on YouTube for it. It just entails hand polishing a few of the contact surfaces. It's not hard at all. Also wearing it in will make a difference too.

cmb286

Mar 6, 2015
    you can just install a 3.5 lb connector... it is an inexpensive way to alleviate some of the "over travel" and "mushiness"

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    I hand polished internals and added a ghost 3.5 connector. I've never used a expensive so in but the ghost and polish makea big difference at about 25 dollars is a good first step. IMHO.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    On my 34 the previous owner did something like the .25 trigger job and frankly I did not like it at all. The ZEV kit fixed all that for a bunch of $$$ but considering I usually spring for triggers in the same price range for my ARs (even the .22 ones) it was no big deal.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Its always the shooter not the equipment. But the shooter needs to feel comfortable. You want to be able to shoot the equipment they way you like it not be forced to adjust yourself to the equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom