• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    hey guys off topic but I have a new model super blackhawk 10.5 inch SS and have always wanted to mount a scope on it. Any products out there yet that don't require drill and tap?

There are some great no-tap mounts for Blackhawks out there.

Clamps around the barrel in front and locks down in the back using the rear sight threaded hole. Rock solid and worth every penny.
    Not sure about the Super.

Can't remember who made mine. I will poke around Midway USA and try to find it for you.

Here ya go. I threw the Weaver rings in the garbage and used Burris Zee-Rings.

bh base 001.jpg

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    What he said ^^^

All the full size Blackhawks and New Model Blackhawks are the same frame size, same a Super frame IIRC. A smaller frame size are the New Vaqueros and the 44 Special.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Ruger lengthens the cylinders as the caliber size increases. This is to prevent firing a 45 down a 44 barrel, a 44 down a 41 barrel, 41 down a 357, etc. While obviously NOT recommended, firing a smaller diameter bullet down a larger bore, won't blow things up. The reverse, however.....

The 357 max was built on a much longer frame to accommodate the required longer cylinder. The OM 357 had a smaller cylinder, length and diameter wise, than the other calibers. Now they're all the same, differing only in length to prevent catastrophic damage from firing a bullet of larger diameter than the bore.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Ruger lengthens the cylinders as the caliber size increases. This is to prevent firing a 45 down a 44 barrel, a 44 down a 41 barrel, 41 down a 357, etc. While obviously NOT recommended, firing a smaller diameter bullet down a larger bore, won't blow things up. The reverse, however.....

The 357 max was built on a much longer frame to accommodate the required longer cylinder. The OM 357 had a smaller cylinder, length and diameter wise, than the other calibers. Now they're all the same, differing only in length to prevent catastrophic damage from firing a bullet of larger diameter than the bore.

Makes perfect sense and never thought of that.

Thanks.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Four BH cylinders measured with Mitutoyo:
    .45LC, 1.611"
    .45ACP, 1.611"
    .357Mag, 1.645"
    9mm, 1.645"

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Four BH cylinders measured with Mitutoyo:
    .45LC, 1.611"
    .45ACP, 1.611"
    .357Mag, 1.645"
    9mm, 1.645"

Thank you for the info, but I think you may be .100 shy on the .45 LC.

Hornady shows some Ruger Only loads with a COAL of 1.665 with most standard loads in the 1.585 to 1.600 range.

I was able to locate a .30 Carbine locally and placed an order.

Should be here in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom