Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I find it funny that I used to get almost immediate responses from my reps, now that they’ve started voting anti I get nothing. No emails, phone calls , fvck you’s, nothing

They will never get a vote from me ever again

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I dropped an email to my rep just now. He was very supportive of us when it came to opposing the magazine limit ban, but he voted in favor of HB888. He's been very communicative in the past, so we will see what he says.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I dropped an email to my rep just now. He was very supportive of us when it came to opposing the magazine limit ban, but he voted in favor of HB888. He's been very communicative in the past, so we will see what he says.

Are you a fellow District 8 member? Perhaps we're talking about Cluster?

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I find it funny that I used to get almost immediate responses from my reps, now that they’ve started voting anti I get nothing. No emails, phone calls , fvck you’s, nothing

They will never get a vote from me ever again

I haven't received a single response from anyone I've written. When we were fighting FSA 2013, I got a ton of cookie cutter "blah blah 2A support, but no one needs" type emails. This time around, nothing.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I haven't received a single response from anyone I've written. When we were fighting FSA 2013, I got a ton of cookie cutter "blah blah 2A support, but no one needs" type emails. This time around, nothing.

I have emailed and called and only Clark’s lady spent more than 15 seconds with me and they said they would call back but haven’t so I assume they won’t. There republicans and there dead to me. Along with the entire southern md bunch of Hippocrates and liars. And if Steve Waugh votes anti he’s dead to me too. If the good guys , supposedly, lie and stab you in the back and are anti what different does it make who in there?

I feel betrayed for all my work and money and time I spent for these antis. They make me feel dirty.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    After interacting with legislatures personally for years, I am now convinced there would be no deficit to having the MGA be convened only once every 10 years, as with the Census process.

People would go about their lives and make their adjustments.

Legislatures everywhere are filled with people who dream of crafting laws, not dismantling them. Asking them to consider sun-setting some of their laws makes them look at you as if you have fish lips and gills.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015

Thanks for the links. Looking thru thru voting results for MY "Repetitiveness" in the first vote I saw all four of them voting yea, and when I compared to some names I saw voting nea, I thought this seems backwards. Then as I looked thru the subsequent votes I see the list growing for yea. What changed in between votes?

Sorry, I'm behind on this...

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    Anyone have a link to see who voted yay/nay by district?

My guys are pretty strong on this stuff typically and I’ve already spoke to him about and he told me he was against it so hopefully he stayed that route.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Thanks.

Smh, that’s disappointing. Unbelievable. Votes traded away.

Note votes traded away, our rights traded away.

And what did they get trading our rights away? What did we get for our rights??

I have told the mga that my rights are non negotiable, but they don’t care. We mean nothing to them.

We are stepping stones they rub the shit off their shoes on while on their way up the ladder.

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    Who knows. Probably to get something thru wanted passed through that looks good on their resume for when they run for higher office. Playing the game with our rights.

Won’t be getting my money anymore. Or my vote for that matter.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Who knows. Probably to get something thru wanted passed through that looks good on their resume for when they run for higher office. Playing the game with our rights.

Won’t be getting my money anymore. Or my vote for that matter.

Yep, our rights are just their stepping stone towards higher office!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    SB707, the senate crossfile of HB888 Rapid Fire Trigger Activator has passed its second reader in the senate.

Wording of third reader bill here:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/bills/sb/sb0707t.pdf

And it still appears to me that to be grandfathered you need to do things that are not able to be done, but you get an extra year to do the impossible.

It also doesn’t speak of what happens when those who own these things pass, I would say that makes them understand nheritable, for lack of a better word

Disgraceful

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Response I received from Delegate Wendell Beitzel - 1A

Disgraceful - I will be crafting a reply once my BP lowers. Not protected under the 2A my Ass.

Mr. Folk,

I appreciate you reaching out to the office of Delegate Beitzel regarding HB 888. Below is a response prepared by Delegate Beitzel

"Automatic firearms manufactured after May 19th 1986 are illegal for private citizens to possess. A bump stock enables weapons to fire at nearly the rate of automatic weapons without technically converting it to a fully automatic weapon. I have been hunting ever since I was old enough to carry a gun. I served in the Army during the Vietnam War. Until this horrific insane shooting in Las Vegas I never heard of a Bump Stock. The bump stock essentially makes certain type of firearms almost the same as an automatic weapon. Automatic weapons are already illegal for ordinary citizens to possess. Bump stocks are accessories not firearms. They are not a 2nd amendment right to own. The bill has a provision that allows someone who currently owns one to apply to the federal authorities to register to possess, therefore I supported the bump stock ban".

Thank you again for bringing your concern to his attention.

Best,

Chris Lokey
    Legislative Assistant
    Ex. 7408 Rm 309 Del. Wendell Beitzel
    District 1A – Allegany & Garrett Counties
    410-841-3435 or 301-858-3435

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members