• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    All - Please review my candidate survey reported by Red Maryland. It asked specifically about GUN RIGHTS about mid-way through.

Candidate Survey: Tim Walters for House of Delegates District 32
    Red Maryland
    March 5, 2018 at 8:00 am
    Name: Tim Walters
    Office Sought and District: Maryland State Delegate District 32
    Education: BS Management Studies
    Career/Occupation: Retired US Navy/Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician and Program/Project Manager
    Political Experience: Ran in 2014, Alternate Delegate to 2016 Republican National Convention, President D32 Republican Club, AACOCC D32 Member
    Social Media Accounts: FB: Tim Walters

Why are you running for office?
    Tired of government over reach, the divisiveness, the growth of government, the misuse of taxes, and the gross unethical behavior of D32 Representatives

Who do you consider your political role model, and why?

Senator Tom Coburn: He believed as our founding fathers that this was service and not a career, he self-imposed term limits and published a list of government waste

What is your favorite book about politics and policy, and why?
    The Constitution. It tells us exactly what the role of government is and how the power is supposed to reside with the people.

What will be your top priority in the General Assembly?
    Shrink government and empower communities to support each other through tax breaks to individuals who donate to local charities, churches, and faith centers

What is the biggest issue facing your district?
    Overdevelopment, weak education, poor infrastructure
    What are the three biggest issues facing Maryland?
    Democrats, gerrymandering, lack of political diversity

What is your position on life issues? (abortion, assisted suicide)
    I am pro-life in all circumstances. Period. Suicide is something anyone can do but I will not allow the government to put a stamp of approval on someone’s decision to carry out suicide.

What is your position on taxes and spending?
    Cut both. Get the government out of the way and jobs will be created, people will have opportunities to advance their idea of the American dream, and people will spend more providing the taxes the government needs. This is proven every August when the taxes for back to school are cut. People spend like mad. This is also proven to work based on the recent federal tax cuts and how even progressive leaning companies gave back to their employees (not sure why it took a tax cut since they believe in it….)

What is your position on gun rights?
    Unwavering 2A. No ban. 18 and over. No gun free zones and open carry.

What is your position on education?
    We must fix the dispensation of our tax monies. No longer can we afford to throw bad money into failed business systems like Baltimore City. We need education accountability across the board. We need school choice to allow parents to hold schools accountable. We need to let the tax dollars follow the student (private, home school, etc.). We need to take the power away from the teachers’ union as it sits on both sides of the “collective” bargaining table; for the teachers and as the biggest donors to MD democratic leaders.

What is your position on the legalization of marijuana?
    No

What is your position on the current three-tiered system for the sale and distribution of alcohol?
    Have to do more research on this one

Legislators can receive $101 per day for lodging and $47 per day for meals during the 90-day General Assembly session. If elected, do you plan to accept these benefits? Why or why not?
    No. the first bill I propose is to implement the federal travel regulations. This ends this nonsense unless you live outside 50 miles. Most Marylanders commute long distances to work. Making our local legislators do the same will help give them perspective on what Marylanders have to do every single day.

There is a culture of depravity and sexual harassment prevalent in the Maryland General Assembly. As a legislator, how will you work to end this culture of depravity and to ensure that those who commit these acts are removed from the General Assembly?
    Live and work the way I currently do and treat everyone with fairness. I also have a prayer team to keep me accountable and from falling into the traps so many politicians do.

https://redmaryland.com/2018/03/candidate-survey-tim-walters-house-delegates-district-32/

Please visit my website (waltesfor32.com) and get to know me. I would like your support in assisting me in winning and representing our community in Annapolis. I need donations for signs, mailings, literature, etc. If you live on the Eastern Shore, Western MD or other red areas of the state your hard earned money will be better invested in races like mine. Please spread the word as well. Thank you.

Tim Walters
    443-848-6291
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca