• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Use different bank that is not Anti.

Wells Fargo is a good choice. Don't know if they have branches in MD however. try a CU as well.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Use different bank that is not Anti.

Wells Fargo is a good choice. Don't know if they have branches in MD however. try a CU as well.

WF is definitely a "friendly", and since snapping up Wachovia, they are all over the place.

PNC is rumored to be as well.

CUs are probably a mixed bag and would take some research (except Navy Federal... definite anti).

As for where there will and won't be signs? There will no doubt be a lot of pressure on establishments to put them up. Probably from customers AND the state (or would that be State, at that point). Plus, there will be a lot of changes coming in the law which we'll need to keep on top of, trying to further limit our new-re-found right.

This is nowhere close to being 'over'.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    WF is definitely a "friendly", and since snapping up Wachovia, they are all over the place.

PNC is rumored to be as well.

CUs are probably a mixed bag and would take some research (except Navy Federal... definite anti).

As for where there will and won't be signs? There will no doubt be a lot of pressure on establishments to put them up. Probably from customers AND the state (or would that be State, at that point). Plus, there will be a lot of changes coming in the law which we'll need to keep on top of, trying to further limit our new-re-found right.

This is nowhere close to being 'over'.
    (emphasis mine)
    Remember, the first legislative special session is supposed to start next Monday and run for three days. Be ever vigilant; based on his last minute shenanigans during the general session, expect Frosh to try to pull some backhanded crap again this time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't know what any current MD statute says, but if a no gun sign does not have the force of law ie VA. then the sign means nothing legally. If asked to leave, leave. Otherwise you can be "trespassed"

Concealed means concealed.

Lot's of legal shenanigans are in store, I'm sure.

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    I got an email from the Trooper that did my interview. He said my application was returned to him for some further investigation, specifically concerning my crazy ex girlfriend who served me with an exparte order 10 years ago. He wants to talk to her and see the documents from the court. I was up front and honest about all of this in my application.

First, I have NO clue where my ex girlfriend is or how to get in touch with her. (I have had no desire to contact her EVER)

Second, the reason she served me with the exparte order was because I left the relationship. Just prior to my departure from the relationship, she was charged with 2 counts of "filing a false police report" when she said she was attacked by a random black man outside of her work. (she beat herself up...literally) It was the reason I left her. I have those documents as well.

The protective order was only effective for 1 year from 12/10/2002 and there was no finding of fault for either party. I will be submitting copies of the order and the charging documents tomorrow, but is there anything else I should do? I have emailed Delegate Mike and I will email MSI as well.

Dklo,

I've been thinking about your situation as I believe that you are not going to be the only one who does not want any contact with certain persons from your past.

If I was you, I think I would start with explaining to the investigator that your ex was "batshit crazy" and you really want no involvement with her ever again. I would then offer to supply whatever court documents you can on the issue and also any other court cases on your ex. My guess is that your ex has had other run-ins with the law and this should be available.

Also, if possible, I would try to provide references who knew you and your ex at the time fo the ex parte order and ask the investigator to contact them.

The above may be enough to the investigator so that he or she does not need to contact your ex.

Mr H

Banana'd
    (emphasis mine)
    Remember, the first legislative special session is supposed to start next Monday and run for three days. Be ever vigilant; based on his last minute shenanigans during the general session, expect Frosh to try to pull some backhanded crap again this time.

My point exactly!!

But keep in mind, we have dastardly beings in the House too...

uscoastiee

Apr 20, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Dklo,

I've been thinking about your situation as I believe that you are not going to be the only one who does not want any contact with certain persons from your past.

If I was you, I think I would start with explaining to the investigator that your ex was "batshit crazy" and you really want no involvement with her ever again. I would then offer to supply whatever court documents you can on the issue and also any other court cases on your ex. My guess is that your ex has had other run-ins with the law and this should be available.

Also, if possible, I would try to provide references who knew you and your ex at the time fo the ex parte order and ask the investigator to contact them.

The above may be enough to the investigator so that he or she does not need to contact your ex.

Also, I'd express to them that it may not be in your best interest for your ex to know you could be carrying. If she did see you in public, she could make a report of a man with a gun, to tarnish you character, which could revoke your permit or make a renewal a huge pain in the butt!

Knuc

Apr 1, 2009
    Allegany County
    Phone call in Am interview in afternoon gettin the copier to work to copy my DL and Utah card took longer than the question & answer session. He said he would bee submiting it down the road on Monday ot Tuesady.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Phone call in Am interview in afternoon gettin the copier to work to copy my DL and Utah card took longer than the question & answer session. He said he would bee submiting it down the road on Monday ot Tuesady.

For some reason I got the image of Barney Fife kicking it and pulling out his pistol threatening to shot it. Then someone walks over and flicks the power switch. :sad20:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Called for interview today. Trooper from Frederick Barracks.
    asked for handgun training, I will provide ... 24 May about 9 AM for interview
    1 on 1 he said. Wifes phone number and supervisor phone number.
    also wanted the style of handgun, want me to bring info on gun with serial number.

uscoastiee

Apr 20, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Called for interview today. Trooper from Frederick Barracks.
    asked for handgun training, I will provide ... 24 May about 9 AM for interview
    1 on 1 he said. Wifes phone number and supervisor phone number.
    also wanted the style of handgun, want me to bring info on gun with serial number.

Ummm... These interviews are getting out of control... IMO!!

Hope MSI gets insight on your interview!!

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was asked to bring a stool sample, so I just brought a little piece of wood. Guy said I should eat more fiber, whatever that means. :rolleyes:

rimshot3.gif

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I had my stuff in and was interviewed a few days before the stay was filed; to date I have heard nothing. Nada. Zilch. Do I expect "the letter" as well? My check was cashed, by the way.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom