• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Hi guys, Earlier I was looking at fruit and veggie seed banks online for if/when the SHTF and I had an interesting idea...Why don't I grow my own tobbaco?

My question is: Does anyone know where I can buy Tobacco seeds locally? And if anyone has any experience with Tobacco growing, feel free to throw in some advice :cool:

rifelman

Aug 7, 2008
    Calvert County
    Cutting Tobacco was the hardest work I ever did as a very young adult. The juice from the stalk will remove any stain on your hands or clothes, but nothing will take it off

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Maybe you can find a Cuban refugee to help out during your holdout in the hills....

Hey don't hate. If there's ever a global food shortage you better stay out ma 'mater patch! :toothless:gun1:

Oh and my 'backy! :smoke:

Cutting Tobacco was the hardest work I ever did as a very young adult. The juice from the stalk will remove any stain on your hands or clothes, but nothing will take it off

Yea, my mothers told me plenty of stories about it, my toughest experience was straw bailing in the summer uuugh. Still worth it knowing i'll be depriving MD of hundreds if not thousands of dollars in cigarette tax dollars they don't deserve :D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Check out this link for seeds and info. I also think MD requires a permit to grow tobacco. Good luck!

The day some bureaucrat knocks on my door, to tell me I can't grow crops for my own personal use on my own property without a permit, is the day I go Full Klingon.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    The day some bureaucrat knocks on my door, to tell me I can't grow crops for my own personal use on my own property without a permit, is the day I go Full Klingon.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: He said "Go Full Klingon"
    Never heard it put that way before. I got the perfect mental picture.

Thanks for the chuckle.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i'd have the other kind of seeds in mine, why you ask? for trade, pleasure, medicinal and for industrial use like the way this country was built in the first place. and if s ever hits the f you can pretty much bet the "war on drugs" will be over. i had quite the green thumb for a few years after high school.
    i like to call it hemp with benefits;)

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Hi guys, Earlier I was looking at fruit and veggie seed banks online for if/when the SHTF and I had an interesting idea...Why don't I grow my own tobbaco?

My question is: Does anyone know where I can buy Tobacco seeds locally? And if anyone has any experience with Tobacco growing, feel free to throw in some advice :cool:

My grandparents had a tobacco farm I spent a bunch of time on.
    Tobacco is one of the hardest if not the hardest crops to grow and harvest.
    It is hot sticky backbreaking work.
    I would quit smoking if I had to grow my own.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Grow cotton, it will be more useful. If you can figure out how to grow coffee, you will be a very wealthy man.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    My grandparents had a tobacco farm I spent a bunch of time on.
    Tobacco is one of the hardest if not the hardest crops to grow and harvest.
    It is hot sticky backbreaking work.
    I would quit smoking if I had to grow my own.

From what i've read it's a very hearty plant and growing it shouldn't be tough. But yes, harvesting, drying etc seems like alooooot of work.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    To my knowledge, yes. That's why he'd be very wealthy if he can work it out. :D

LaserDisc-Bio-Dome-Dolby-Digital-AC-3-Front800.jpg

:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom