• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I think you will be fine with releasing the slide lock with your index finger. I'm a lefty and have shot a friend of mine's CZ's and have no problems.

If I wasn't so heavily invested in 1911's and Glocks, I would have CZ's.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'll be lucky to get out to the range again...before April. :whack:

Have fun. Be sure to post some pics!

Last edited:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'll be lucky to get out to the range again...before April. :whack:

Have fun. Be sure to post some pics!

Here we go:
    Sig Sauer P320 X5 Legion
    Romeo 1 Pro
    Taran Tactical +5 base pads
    Streamlight TLR-1s

001f4213daca578932bd288a5fecf79a.jpg

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    +1 for adding the HK VP9 to the mix. Everything I read said the Walther's trigger was the best of the bunch, but when I try it next to a VP9 I really don't see much difference. If anything the Walther trigger seems to vibrate through the frame just a bit more. Not a deal breaker, but I did notice it. The VP9 can be had with the long slide and it's grip (albeit adjustable) feels slightly larger to me than the Walther. Just a thought, but may be worth looking at.

Good luck on your quest

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    +1 for adding the HK VP9 to the mix. Everything I read said the Walther's trigger was the best of the bunch, but when I try it next to a VP9 I really don't see much difference. If anything the Walther trigger seems to vibrate through the frame just a bit more. Not a deal breaker, but I did notice it. The VP9 can be had with the long slide and it's grip (albeit adjustable) feels slightly larger to me than the Walther. Just a thought, but may be worth looking at.

Good luck on your quest

Thanks. I ended up with the Sig. When I added the optic, the flashlight, and put a loaded 22 round mag in it, it weighs well over three pounds. I'm looking forward to some low recoil shooting.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Nice rig! More importantly: how’s it shoot for you, considering the criteria you set out?

I won't get to take it out for a week or two, but I tried the 150gr Syntech in my heaviest gun, and it was a great experience. This trigger is better than that gun and this rig weighs almost ten ounces more. I’ll follow up with a real range report soon.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I had a chance to run my X5 Legion yesterday, and, man, what a great shooter. Definitely looking forward to slapping a DPP on it and shooting it in Carry Optics.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I just went the p320 X5 legion... I'm running it for the first time this weekend at the AGC steel challenge. I've got close to 1k through it now over 2 weeks and it's night and day difference my G17. I put the Gray Guns trigger in it and it's everything I dreamed for. It shoots a bit low with my 124gr loads but it just works, fits me well and I'm pretty pleased with it.

BerettaMan

Mar 27, 2011
    Harford county
    I just went the p320 X5 legion... I'm running it for the first time this weekend at the AGC steel challenge. I've got close to 1k through it now over 2 weeks and it's night and day difference my G17. I put the Gray Guns trigger in it and it's everything I dreamed for. It shoots a bit low with my 124gr loads but it just works, fits me well and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Is the gray guns trigger that much better than the stock one? My biggest gripe with the stock trigger is the long reset and it's a little mushy.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    If you can wait, the Laugo Arms Alien looks absolutely marvelous...that said, the price is something to marvel at as well with a current MSRP of $5,000 on the pre-order package (has all the extras like holster, rail system, 3 mags, MRDS [6moa] and more). Maybe they'll come down when they're out and offering it standalone to the 'kit' but man do they look cool, and the recoil impulse is supposedly second to none (stock).

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Is the gray guns trigger that much better than the stock one? My biggest gripe with the stock trigger is the long reset and it's a little mushy.

I don’t know if mine is a freak of nature but it breaks consistently at 3 lbs. Its much better for me than the stock one.

I have the gray guns trigger on my p226 and p228 and love them so I decided to try it on the p320. I run a stock trigger bar with it. I have an apex trigger and trigger bar on another 320 and it’s nothing like the X5 stock or the gray gun one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom