• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    nice, yeah I have seen these two off and on.

Probably a different pair. I have seen the pair you are talking about though. Got pics of them a couple of years ago on a dead dear at the corner of Folly Quarter and 144. Believe they have a nest off of Shephard Lane. These pics are of those two.

I see the two by me a lot more often though. Probably seen one of them at a time about 6 times over the past couple of months. This is the first time I have seen both of them together.

Really need to get a 400mm zoom lens.

Attachments

• MdShooters155.jpg
      MdShooters155.jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 229
    • MdShooters156.jpg
      MdShooters156.jpg
      104 KB · Views: 193

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Seems like they are making a comeback. I have spotted Bald Eagles a few times this winter around West Friendship down time my exit to get to Highland. Down by me this one shows up several times a week. My daughter took the first pic of one on top of the detached Garage. Second one I took while in the stand during firearms season.

706477198f74d352814f7300f6209479.jpg

cb4c782e4281ca043c6c8a52eb65e24b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    why do you think that they are a different pair?

From what I have heard, the ones in the second set of pics by Folly Quarter and 144 have a nest on Shephard Lane. The pair I saw today was in the Winfield area in Carroll County. I followed one once via truck as far as just shy of Westminster proper before I decided to call it quits.

I guess it is possible that they are the same pair. Just not probable. Then again, with all the new home construction in Howard County, maybe they were forced to relocate. Kind of like the 25 deer in this pic that I took right across the road from where I took the pic of those eagles this morning. The deer pic was last Friday. Probably relocated from Howard County too. There were actually 31 of them in this field and then another 10 or so on the other side of the tree line by a pond. My son and one of my daughters said I should knock on the farmer's door. lol

Attachments

• MdShooters229.jpg
      MdShooters229.jpg
      57.1 KB · Views: 175

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Seems like they are making a comeback. I have spotted Bald Eagles a few times this winter around West Friendship down time my exit to get to Highland. Down by me this one shows up several times a week. My daughter took the first pic of one on top of the detached Garage. Second one I took while in the stand during firearms season.

706477198f74d352814f7300f6209479.jpg

cb4c782e4281ca043c6c8a52eb65e24b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome that it was on top of your detached garage. If I had one land on top of my detached garage I would be smiling from ear to ear, unlike the stupid buzzards that are always around.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    For anyone who lives in Gaithersburg or Rockville, every year there is an eagle nest at Lake Frank at the north side of the lake. The best view to see the eagles is across a small portion of the lake on the east side. If they aren't in the nest you can normally see them flying around looking for food.

Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    My cubicle at work faces a window that goes from the floor to the ceiling. There's a large red rock outcrop that juts up in the canyon that my window faces. The view is kind of like the picture I posted below, but I face the rock dead on, not from the side. There is a mating pair of golden eagles who come to a large nest in the rock each February and stay until May or June. They have several young during that time. It gets distracting looking out the window and watching the eagles hunt mice and rabbits in the canyon and feed their young.

I'm not allowed to take any pictures at work. These are pretty low quality photos that are officially authorized for release.

When you look through that V notch at the top of the rock you can see the Denver skyline through the gap in the hogbacks. I wish I was allowed to take photos there because from my desk the entire skyline is visible.

Here's a good shot of the building in the snow:

And here are a few other visitors. Sometimes it gets crowded there.

If it isn't a national secret, what building is that...who is in it? Great looking building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom