Democrat SIT-IN Shaming: Let's Go MDS Patriots!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    To each their own in their own way. I'm certain the Commonwealth has other pro-2A organizations that we can contact and aren't afraid to carry their own water and have their picture taken by tourists.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Freeze frame from our video with me being detained for questioning by US Capitol Police because a Loon lied to LE that our group announced "that we want to shoot black people".

Actually our whole group heard her make the statement that "you all just want to shoot black people don't you!!!"

She then found LE and reported we had said it.

Just another day dealing with loons.

Any video rolling at the time?

You are going to have to be proactive on defense here. And even consider litigation.. such allegations are not to be trifled with..

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yes, I asked one of our crew to roll video on the "interview" with me, and we did, and we have it.

I am quite convinced the US Capitol Police wanted to know more about who we were. I first tried to resist the intrustion by telling the USCP Detective I would decline to ID myself, and had no obligation to do so because this was not a traffic stop. He said I did not have a choice, that he was conducting "an investigation" into threat statements (that never happened, obviously). I declined a second time, and asked if I was being detained. He said yes, I was being detained.

Seeing handcuffs up next I relented and identified myself. I insisted that I be provided a copy of a public record of this investigation. He refused, now saying the investigation was "internal". This is what led me to believe they were doing intel collection, and were told by higher ups to get info on activists like us, no matter what.

Not much you can do when, as a firearms owner, you want a record free of arrests.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Yes, I asked one of our crew to roll video on the "interview" with me, and we did, and we have it.

I am quite convinced the US Capitol Police wanted to know more about who we were. I first tried to resist the intrustion by telling the USCP Detective I would decline to ID myself, and had no obligation to do so because this was not a traffic stop. He said I did not have a choice, that he was conducting "an investigation" into threat statements (that never happened, obviously). I declined a second time, and asked if I was being detained. He said yes, I was being detained.

Seeing handcuffs up next I relented and identified myself. I insisted that I be provided a copy of a public record of this investigation. He refused, now saying the investigation was "internal". This is what led me to believe they were doing intel collection, and were told by higher ups to get info on activists like us, no matter what.

No much you can do when, as a firearms owner, you want a record free of arrests.

No ...you should cooperate...

Its very possible that you will be set up one day..

Be nice...record the interview as its public..

No need to be pissy...a false police report still needs to be investigated. The sooner you show your good guy colors the stupider the opposition looks.

You can ask..." Did I do something wrong?"...much better than " am I being detained ? Both are non responsive but the first is compliant... very important to set that tone..

By asking if you did something wrong you are acknowledging their authority in principle, but not conceding that it applies to the present facts..

Now if they answer...you are getting info...you are interviewing them ..very often they will bleed info at this point...but if you go all " am I being detained? " they will shutdown.

You want them relaxed...you want them to bleed information...just like they want to get you to speak

You did good...but no need to go defensive right away...
    At least in my opinion..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Strategy #1- Convince the Ofc you are solid citizen from the get go, in the probable anticipation of clearing up everything on the spot.

Strategy #2- Imeadately go all 1st, 4th, 5th amendment on him. You will have strong defense at trial.

There are time and place for each. Switching strategies mid interaction is tricky at best.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    Strategy #1- Convince the Ofc you are solid citizen from the get go, in the probable anticipation of clearing up everything on the spot.

Strategy #2- Imeadately go all 1st, 4th, 5th amendment on him. You will have strong defense at trial.

There are time and place for each. Switching strategies mid interaction is tricky at best.

The police operative is performing field intelligence work at a political rally/counter-rally. There's no "solid citizen" situation here. There's nothing to clear up.

Make with the ID and move on. Ensure you get a full front profile of said cop and everyone he/she has spent any time with in your sight on your video.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    No ...you should cooperate...

Its very possible that you will be set up one day..

Be nice...record the interview as its public..

No need to be pissy...a false police report still needs to be investigated. The sooner you show your good guy colors the stupider the opposition looks.

You can ask..." Did I do something wrong?"...much better than " am I being detained ? Both are non responsive but the first is compliant... very important to set that tone..

By asking if you did something wrong you are acknowledging their authority in principle, but not conceding that it applies to the present facts..

Now if they answer...you are getting info...you are interviewing them ..very often they will bleed info at this point...but if you go all " am I being detained? " they will shutdown.

You want them relaxed...you want them to bleed information...just like they want to get you to speak

You did good...but no need to go defensive right away...
    At least in my opinion..

Good advice - I completely agree, having been on both sides of the situation. It can go quick and easy or hard and long - choose one.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

The transition is easier than it appears.

Start with compliant but non responsive answers.. you are mystified as to why there is any interest in you...

If the officers response suggests you are under suspicion...you will know immediately at which point you can invoke your rights..

The problem is going the other way...once you invoke you have made yourself a suspect..

I generally do this when police are fishing at a traffic stop...

Where you headed?

To get some food..

Kind of late...

Yes that's why I am looking for food..- any good all night dinners around here...

And so on..

Unless you are a suspect they will soon leave you be..

Now in this citation there was more to the story...but...any antagonism would increase the credibilty of any complaint make against Rack..

As long as all you give is facts that can be easily discovered without your testimony you can always invoke later...you give up nothing ..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To esculate part way through interaction is *simple* but not easy. Least ways, most people once they start talking, get an inkling things not going their way, they double down and dig themselves deeper. You have to know the "when" to invoke, and the fortitude to carry thru.

As noted above Invoking from the start, or otherwise prematurely, will often put the other side into full adversarial mode . A adversarial mode is not the same as a criminal conviction, but is generally not pleasant even when you prevail. If you are a 4th/ 5th activist on purpose, this is what you do, hoping to set 4th/ 5th precedents.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    To esculate part way through interaction is *simple* but not easy. Least ways, most people once they start talking, get an inkling things not going their way, they double down and dig themselves deeper. You have to know the "when" to invoke, and the fortitude to carry thru.

As noted above Invoking from the start, or otherwise prematurely, will often put the other side into full adversarial mode . A adversarial mode is not the same as a criminal conviction, but is generally not pleasant even when you prevail. If you are a 4th/ 5th activist on purpose, this is what you do, hoping to set 4th/ 5th precedents.

Fortitude is allways needed..

As well as intellect..

Now if you are in fact doing something wrong and trying to get away with it....shut up.

Of you are messing with the police on purpose..have fun..

But here there was an entirely different purpose..

When you are falsely accused...you want to impune the credibility of your accuser very quickly.. you can do this without leaking information if you tread lightly..

Then you may proceed against your accuser civilly which may be necessary to prevent recurrence.

Our opposition are masters of the hecklers veto...we are going to need a counter strategy...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    BUMP

Does anyone have a contact for the Pink Pistols DC Chapter ?
    attachment.php

We should join forces with them on August 13th. Now is the time to coordinate messages.

I'm getting some new tee shirts to wear. :D How about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom