• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    With respect to Marylandistan law, what sucks with many of these Cashout & Refinance pistols is the 10+ round magazine capacity.:sad20:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Good question. Anyone know of any kind of S&W or other modern revolvers (besides M&P or victory model) that shoot .38 or .357 magnum that are C&R?

Just bought a S & W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece revolver--beautiful in every way:D

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The laundry list of C&R pistols is pretty long. Anything World War II or earlier, of course - which includes the whole range of secondary German martial pistols. Colt 1903s and 1908s. Remington Model 51s. S&W revolvers.

This is where good reference books pay off. Figure out what you want, know the serial number range cutoff. Then go on Gunbroker and start hunting.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Another one that's caught my attention is the Beretta m1951. Looks to basically be a single stack predecessor to the 92/M9 platform. They're cheap too.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Another one that's caught my attention is the Beretta m1951. Looks to basically be a single stack predecessor to the 92/M9 platform. They're cheap too.

Fact. Just picked one of these up a bit ago. $200. Bit of pitting/loss-of-blue on the slide, but eminently shootable. (Sorry, standard reverendbeer sh*tty phone pic (tm))

chzu.jpg

Downside? Parts are hard to find...even Numrich is hit-or-miss....

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Fact. Just picked one of these up a bit ago. $200. Bit of pitting/loss-of-blue on the slide, but eminently shootable. (Sorry, standard reverendbeer sh*tty phone pic (tm))

chzu.jpg

Love these M1951s;, have 2 of them both from Numrich. Frequently do business with them-they'll safety check and test fire before sending the handguns out in soft cases. Beautiful shooters. Need parts? For the price, get a spare gun.......

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Love these M1951s;, have 2 of them both from Numrich. Frequently do business with them-they'll safety check and test fire before sending the handguns out in soft cases. Beautiful shooters. Need parts? For the price, get a spare gun.......

Truth.

I need another one. I had two, but I sold one to a friend who was EOD in AFG. He blew up so many of these, it was imperative he have one of his own.

His stories of destroying weapons will make you cry. :sad20:

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Good question. Anyone know of any kind of S&W or other modern revolvers (besides M&P or victory model) that shoot .38 or .357 magnum that are C&R?

Colt Commando is a WW2 parkerzed version of the Colt Official Police. Total production was just over 50k. Most of these had 4 in barrels, a small percentage were shipped with 2 inch barrels. These can be found in very good condition as most were issued to security guards at defense related factories, US Maritime Commision, etc. If you search hard enough a few can still be found in the box covered with cosmoline.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    So wait, even though I don't have a C&R or an HQL I can purchase a C&R handgun? First I'm hearing of this but if that's true I think I will start to look at C&R handguns more.

I guess I would just have to bring the handgun in through a dealer and fill out the paperwork without an HQL. Wonder how many of the local FFLs understand that

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    So wait, even though I don't have a C&R or an HQL I can purchase a C&R handgun? First I'm hearing of this but if that's true I think I will start to look at C&R handguns more.

I guess I would just have to bring the handgun in through a dealer and fill out the paperwork without an HQL. Wonder how many of the local FFLs understand that

You'll have to do the 77r and 7 day wait still, you just won't need the HQL. I waiting to here of the first test case of this.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

chzu.jpg

Gotta get me one of those! Nice! Reminds me of an old MAC pistol I used to have.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Alright I had to look that MAC up on google. Appears it's based on the 1911 and looks pretty cool. How'd it shoot and how much do they normally go for? (Searching online I can't find any for sale)

EDIT: Further searching reveals these are uber rare in the US because of some ridiculous UN treaty. Oh well.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You'll have to do the 77r and 7 day wait still, you just won't need the HQL. I waiting to here of the first test case of this.

I'd like to see a test case as well. If any of the LGS will go along with it

The new form (77R) is formatted for C&R handgun purchase without the requirement for HQL.

By the time Shooters Discount gets to the Frederick gun show this November, we should have quite a few of the gun types mentioned in this thread (Dr. Louie has been workin' on this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom