• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kabookie

Jun 21, 2015
    Pasadena, MD
    Has anyone had problems removing the suppressor adapter?

I just received this gun and was performing the initial field strip prior to inspecting and cleaning it. The suppressor adapter needs to be removed in order to remove the slide. I used the factory supplied wrench, gave it a twist and thought..."damn this thing is tight". I applied more and more pressure until finally...DAMIT :mad54: ! the wrench broke. I am currently waiting on S&W to reply for a replacement wrench.

In the mean time; does anyone have any input, suggestions or similar experiences?

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    The same thing happened to me, I have not resolved the issue yet. The thread adapter is on extremely tight. I might have to take it to a local smith and have them remove it cause I've already started to ding it up a little.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Has anyone had problems removing the suppressor adapter?

Lots of people breaking wrenches and boogering up the adapter. This is from the S&W forum, you may have to register to read it.
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/428599-has-anyone-been-able-remove-thread-protector-m-p-compact-22-a.html

I don't know why freezing would work if it has a thread locker, heat would be the way to go. Removing it after it is hot from firing it would be the safest.

If you are going to try the "magic solution" of ATF/acetone mentioned in a suppressor thread, be aware that acetone can melt plastic and may not be safe for polymer parts of your pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom