• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Alright I had to look that MAC up on google. Appears it's based on the 1911 and looks pretty cool. How'd it shoot and how much do they normally go for? (Searching online I can't find any for sale)

EDIT: Further searching reveals these are uber rare in the US because of some ridiculous UN treaty. Oh well.

Yup. The only examples you'll find are Vietnam vet bring backs (mine) and a couple hundred imported from S. Vietnam in the 60's. That's it. The French signed onto the UN Small Arms treaty that Obama signed recently (luckily a worthless gesture at this time because he can't get 2/3rds of the Senate to vote for it) and they are destroying all of their Model 1950s instead of selling them, which is how all those nice MAS 1949 and 1949/56s got here.

Attachments

• IMGP6265.JPG
      IMGP6265.JPG
      68.4 KB · Views: 157
    • IMGP6269.JPG
      IMGP6269.JPG
      90.1 KB · Views: 153

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Alright I had to look that MAC up on google. Appears it's based on the 1911 and looks pretty cool. How'd it shoot and how much do they normally go for? (Searching online I can't find any for sale)

EDIT: Further searching reveals these are uber rare in the US because of some ridiculous UN treaty. Oh well.

Ah crap wish I still had it now. Was not accurate at all.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The new form (77R) is formatted for C&R handgun purchase without the requirement for HQL.

By the time Shooters Discount gets to the Frederick gun show this November, we should have quite a few of the gun types mentioned in this thread (Dr. Louie has been workin' on this).

Dr. Louie may offer a free prostate exam with each purchase!:lol2:

Seriously that's great news, I'll be at that show for sure.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    While I disagree about the worn out crap comment here is a pick of my 399 Sarco Sistema as received from Sarco.

Yours is not one of the "arsenal" re-done Sistemas, though. I'd also point out that, while you'll have a pretty gun after you have cleaned and blued the piece, you'll have about as much time and money into it as one that has the original finish ... and it won't have nearly the collector resale value as one that's still original.

I can understand wanting a nice-looking handgun, and I can also understand the pride in doing work on it on your own. But (as has been said here many times) this is a C&R group, and we want newcomers to know the difference between a collectible piece and one that's been worked on to the detriment of the gun's value ... no matter how pretty that work might make it.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    how about the Egyptian Maadi Helwin 9mm. Beretta had contract Maadi to copy the M1951. nice pistol and pretty accurate @ 25yds. I think it snappy but its worth it

Do some research on the Helwan; most says the quality was somewhat less than the Beretta and there were resulting parts failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom