• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    Had my C&R for almost a year now. I finally decided to make my first C&R purchases. UPS and FedEx dropped off my K98 Mauser from Mitchell Mauser and my Nagant Revolver from J&G Sales.

Last edited:

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    A whole year and only 2 purchases using the FFL03 ?

You're slacking. How do you expect to join the rest of us poor folks ?

Nice looking acquisitions. Are there any markings or date on the K98 ?

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    nice mauser and Nagant. My Mauser from Wideners is supposed to be arriving tommorrow. That is also me first C&R purchase.
    How is that Nagant, I have been pondering getting either one of those or a CZ82 to J&G's. Is the Nagant in pretty decent shap, did you pay hand select

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    nice mauser and Nagant. My Mauser from Wideners is supposed to be arriving tommorrow. That is also me first C&R purchase.
    How is that Nagant, I have been pondering getting either one of those or a CZ82 to J&G's. Is the Nagant in pretty decent shap, did you pay hand select

The Nagant is in great shape. I paid for hand select for shiny bore and it is very shiny. I couldn't be happier with that purchase.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    A whole year and only 2 purchases using the FFL03 ?

You're slacking. How do you expect to join the rest of us poor folks ?

Nice looking acquisitions. Are there any markings or date on the K98 ?

I also have 2 Mosin 91/30's and a Russian SKS but I bought those before I got my C&R so I don't count those. The K98 is real nice. I don't see any swastika's on it so that's a little disappointing. The date on it is 1937.

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    I also have 2 Mosin 91/30's and a Russian SKS but I bought those before I got my C&R so I don't count those. The K98 is real nice. I don't see any swastika's on it so that's a little disappointing. The date on it is 1937.

Thats what I really wanted on one. I saw a nice one with the swatika stamps on it at the dulles shoe. Talked the guy down to $325 but then he wouldn't sell it too me because I wasn't a VA resident. He did say he would ship it to me since I had a C&R but i passed since I had one coming.
    I don't know alot at all about mausers but I think the swatika marking came 1938 or later, I could be dead wrong though.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Thats what I really wanted on one. I saw a nice one with the swatika stamps on it at the dulles shoe. Talked the guy down to $325 but then he wouldn't sell it too me because I wasn't a VA resident. He did say he would ship it to me since I had a C&R but i passed since I had one coming.
    I don't know alot at all about mausers but I think the swatika marking came 1938 or later, I could be dead wrong though.

The swastika is part of the Eagle Waffenproofs. My 1940 Mitchell's Sauer and Sohn has them all over.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I went to Horst & McCann yesterday and shot the Nagant Revolver. I was surprised as to how well it shoots. I put the .32 acp cylinder on it that I got from Keepshooting and put 50 rounds of Magtech .32 auto through it. This thing is really accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. Now I need to get some 7.62 Nagant to try out in it.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA

I know the guy your talking about, F him for not selling to MD residents. He has nice K98k's and an SVT 40.

The "Swastika markings" are firing proofs and Waffenamts. Firing proofs are larger and found on the left side of the reciever near the serial number and Waffenamts are generally smaller. Earlier K98k's will still have firing proofs and Waffenamts, but they will be sans swastika. The Germans used the earlier Weimar eagle (dropping wings) for some time after 1933 until it was replaced by the new Riechsadler (Eagle with spread wings clutching a swastika). Some rifles will have a mix of stamps if it was made during a transitional period.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

It is perfectly legal for him to sell it to you there with your C&R, I buy stuff all day long in VA and PA.

olddawg

Feb 3, 2011
    Harford County
    I know the guy your talking about, F him for not selling to MD residents. He has nice K98k's and an SVT 40.

The "Swastika markings" are firing proofs and Waffenamts. Firing proofs are larger and found on the left side of the reciever near the serial number and Waffenamts are generally smaller. Earlier K98k's will still have firing proofs and Waffenamts, but they will be sans swastika. The Germans used the earlier Weimar eagle (dropping wings) for some time after 1933 until it was replaced by the new Riechsadler (Eagle with spread wings clutching a swastika). Some rifles will have a mix of stamps if it was made during a transitional period.

:lol: What he said. Does the gun have Weimar eagles on it. A lot of collectors prize those as well. The Russians pinged the crap out of the Waffenamts when they refurbed a couple million 98k's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom