Legion.jpg
      65 KB · Views: 245

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    This is great. I've wanted one for a while. But, now a real choice has to be made. Legion or a matching Emperor Scorpion for my ES1911?

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I have a P238 in Diamond Plate. ( now discontinued ). Very accurate weapon once you are comfortable with gripping it. It's a micro but as with all firearms, you need to practice with it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I like everything except the magwell. It looks like it adds almost 1/4" to the grip, which negates the option to use either the 7rnd mag for a full grip or the 6rnd for reduced length or pocket carry.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I like everything except the magwell. It looks like it adds almost 1/4" to the grip, which negates the option to use either the 7rnd mag for a full grip or the 6rnd for reduced length or pocket carry.

That's possible. You could replace the grips, but that is kinda defeating the look.

Edit. Actually Bullfrog, look at the top pic. That looks like a 7rd mag?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    That's possible. You could replace the grips, but that is kinda defeating the look.

Edit. Actually Bullfrog, look at the top pic. That looks like a 7rd mag?

Yes, that looks like a 7rd mag with a different baseplate design.

My point was the opposite... not that you can't use the 7rd, but that you can't use a 6rd mag to get a smaller grip. It might fit, but your magwell is going to protrude below the flush baseplate on the 6rd, so there's no point in using it.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    You might be able to use the 6rd, but might make a stuck mag a PITA. The grip would be that small amount taller. A small trade off.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    If I didn't already have a Springfield EMP 9MM ( which I LUV ) I could jump at the P938. Kimber makes a similar 1911 but I'm not a Kimber fan.

The EMP 9MM is taller and with a meatier grip than the P938. This means the P938 is more concealable

Last edited:

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    If I didn't already have a Springfield EMP 9MM ( which I LUV ) I could jump at the P938. Kimber makes a similar 1911 but I'm not a Kimber fan.

The EMP 9MM is taller and with a meatier grip than the P938. This means the P938 is more concealable.

My brother carrys a 938 and loves it. He just got a 365. It was an impulse buy at Cabelas. I've wanted a 938 since they came out. Can't carry, so it's really not a need. I've been hoping they would Legionize it and the 1911. So, foot to mouth. I have to get one. I like that EMP too. It's a real micro 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom