• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Just got one myself. Only shot Tula so far, and had at least 5 malfunctions! Using MagPul mags, 3rd gen. Shells failed to extract, and one even got jammed in the barrel!!! Had to use a rod to push it out. Hoping it's just this ammo, will hopefully try again next weekend with different ammo. Love the gun, though!

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I had two FTEs within the first 50 rds using Tula. Tried brown bear, wolf , golden tiger , s&b, and Fiocchi and haven’t had a single issue. Don’t know what’s up with Tula but everything else has been trouble free. I stocked up on golden tiger and will probably get some more wolf. Also tried pmags and surplus and both work well

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just got one myself. Only shot Tula so far, and had at least 5 malfunctions! Using MagPul mags, 3rd gen. Shells failed to extract, and one even got jammed in the barrel!!! Had to use a rod to push it out. Hoping it's just this ammo, will hopefully try again next weekend with different ammo. Love the gun, though!
    I had two FTEs within the first 50 rds using Tula. Tried brown bear, wolf , golden tiger , s&b, and Fiocchi and haven’t had a single issue. Don’t know what’s up with Tula but everything else has been trouble free. I stocked up on golden tiger and will probably get some more wolf. Also tried pmags and surplus and both work well
    Damn, was hoping to hit the range with mine today but no dice. My only issue thus far, aside from the Zhukov side folding stock release sticking a bit, was that the Magpul QD mounts aren't working for me. The ones on the forend rail don't allow for the QD connector to get deep enough to catch (can be pulled out with a gentle tug) and the one on the Zhukov stock at the receiver attachment point is a bit oblong, so the connector won't go in.

As per ammo cycling, I guess I'll look at the manual to see how to adjust the gas in case I run into issues when I make it to the range. Now I think I'll take a rod with me too.
    8528310121923455e7978c4fab12007f.jpg
    f668c70347ed182cdefb4b5d70c8f5de.jpg
    f3209ad9215aeb8b7a28bb2f2adb2041.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Damn, was hoping to hit the range with mine today but no dice. My only issue thus far, aside from the Zhukov side folding stock release sticking a bit, was that the Magpul QD mounts weren't working for me. The ones on the forend rail don't allow for the QD connector to get deep enough to catch (can be pulled out with a gentle tug) and the one on the Zhukov stock at the receiver attachment point is a bit oblong, so the connector won't go in.

As per ammo cycling, I guess I'll look at the manual to see how to adjust the gas in case I run into issues when I make it to the range.
    8528310121923455e7978c4fab12007f.jpg
    f668c70347ed182cdefb4b5d70c8f5de.jpg
    f3209ad9215aeb8b7a28bb2f2adb2041.jpg

My QD’s don’t hold either! They pull right out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, the metal on the rail is too thick where they've put the putative attachment points, so the QD connector pop out bearings don't get under the insertion point to hold it in place. I'll probably have to get an MLOK QD adapter for the rail ... which is kind of stupid ... but want the QD mount on the Zhukov stock fixed first. Already sent the company an email about it, so hopefully will hear after Labor Day weekend.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Yeah, the metal on the rail is too thick where they've put the putative attachment points, so the QD connector pop out bearings don't get under the insertion point to hold it in place. I'll probably have to get an MLOK QD adapter for the rail ... which is kind of stupid ... but want the QD mount on the Zhukov stock fixed first. Already sent the company an email about it, so hopefully will hear after Labor Day weekend.

Glad you sent them something, I will too. I was hoping this round of manufactured M10x’s would’ve had all or most bugs worked out. Also, a little disappointed that the mag release doesn’t have the little “M” logo like previous models.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I do think it's a good looking rifle. I like their emblem on the back of the receiver. After getting a KS-47, I'm also very happy about the broad compatibility of the M10X-Z with many AK-47 mags. I don't mind testing to see if mine seems to prefer ammo loadings from certain manufacturers. I also appreciate both the high degree of customizability of the platform, the simplicity of the tear down, and long Picatinny rail as well as numerous MLOK attachment points. There are many things to admire about the design. The trigger on mine is really sweet too.

However, as you said, I hope they've resolved some of their past issues. Crossing my fingers for reasonable reliability when I hit the range and hopefully parts not breaking right away.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    The QD mount in the rear works along with the one on the left side of the handguard. Right side doesnt work and pulls out easily. I’ll be sending them a message as well.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    +1 owner here. Nice firearm....I really like mine a lot and recommend!

Works well on Red Army (and other surplus ruski ammo) as well as feeds/ejects on polymer aftermarket (pmag/magpul..etc) or surplus metal ak-type mags. I have only put a couple hundred rounds through it, but have had no failures or complaints (knock on wood).

I have elevated it to my HD rifle of choice and stands-by in a Hornady Rapid AR wall safe.

GymRatz in Mechanicsville (an IP here) gets them in fairly regularly at sub $1k prices.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Sent mine back to the factory 3 times for a variety of reasons mostly around chronic FTF and FTE issues along with a broken firing pin.
    The charging handle grenaded after slamming into the receiver on two occasions although they did send me replacements in the mail both times.
    After the last time they suggested I take a rat tale file and extend the relief cut the charging handle travels down so it would stop hitting it. Strange part is by hand it would not contact it but only after heating up at the range.
    Mag lock up is ridiculously tight and certainly is not an aid in rapid mag changes.

Think I have taken it to the range about 6 times. Of those 6 trips it went home broken 5.
    Haven't shot it in over a year now so right now technically it's not broken.
    It's easily the biggest POS rifle I ever bought.
    Mine is an early production rifle serial # 0118

Good luck with yours

Sure hope yours is better.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Mine is an early production rifle serial # 0118

They've got to be a very small production manufacturing outfit unless they sell other products unrelated to the M10X. I bought mine about a week ago, and the serial is only about 1000 higher than yours. Don't know what the time interval between our purchases was, but guessing at least a year.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    They've got to be a very small production manufacturing outfit unless they sell other products unrelated to the M10X. I bought mine about a week ago, and the serial is only about 1000 higher than yours. Don't know what the time interval between our purchases was, but guessing at least a year.

That's interesting.
    I forgot I already posted in this thread about a year ago in regard to my rifle.

I built a AR15 in 7.62x39 that runs 100% unlike my M10X.
    The new C products AR mags for x39 work great which used to be the Achilles heel of x39 rifles. Also added an "enhanced" firing pin
    Cost me about 1/2 of what the M10X cost and it's simply a better, reliable rifle.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    My serial number is 01478 for what it’s worth. I had FTF & FTE issues. Also, looks like the claw may be damaged on the bolt.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My serial number is 01478 for what it’s worth. I had FTF & FTE issues. Also, looks like the claw may be damaged on the bolt.

Mine is in the 1300s. Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I ran about 150 rounds yesterday and had 1 FTE with the last round from a Bulgarian polymer mag. Nothing that I haven't experienced on occasion with my Ruger Mini 14 when it was new (although I did eventually sell it). No problems with various steel mags or a Bakelite mag. I did notice that the shells ejected in a very nice small cluster about 15 feet away at 4 o'clock when running just a single round in the mags like a bolt action rifle (this test was only run with TulAmmo), but had a more random pattern when putting multiple rounds in the mag.

Can you put up a picture of the damaged bolt claw? I'll put a few pictures of my bolt below (with factory grease before I did my own thing). I disassembled and greased the rifle (lubed it like one of my ARs with heavy grease on parts of the bolt plus a little Mobil One), cleaned the barrel, oiled the barrel, etc before taking to the range. I did notice that a pin on the end of the charging handle which attachs to the bolt seems to be missing a short bit (but nothing that would impair function).
    e7e7915e82e3e7014b666bdcd3e80a0f.jpg
    83669c23ea6dcd5fa45acf0005b06de8.jpg
    b78b2d475fc113f276641ef37b9414e7.jpg

Ps. Haven't heard back from M+M regarding the QD mount problem. Email was sent late Friday night before the start of Labor Day weekend. I'll contact them by phone tomorrow if there isn't a follow-up by later today.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good primer strikes on the shells that I inspected yesterday. Only one deformation on the last round that failed to eject from the pictured mag below.
    1f75158a5076de6d6994be439aac3baf.jpg
    22ce0a17587aafbf3978666682490d23.jpg

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Mine is in the 1300s. Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I ran about 150 rounds yesterday and had 1 FTE with the last round from a Bulgarian polymer mag. Nothing that I haven't experienced on occasion with my Ruger Mini 14 when it was new (although I did eventually sell it). No problems with various steel mags or a Bakelite mag. I did notice that the shells ejected in a very nice small cluster about 15 feet away at 4 o'clock when running just a single round in the mags like a bolt action rifle (this test was only run with TulAmmo), but had a more random pattern when putting multiple rounds in the mag.

Can you put up a picture of the damaged bolt claw? I'll put a few pictures of my bolt below (with factory grease before I did my own thing). I disassembled and greased the rifle (lubed it like one of my ARs with heavy grease on parts of the bolt plus a little Mobil One), cleaned the barrel, oiled the barrel, etc before taking to the range. I did notice that a pin on the end of the charging handle which attachs to the bolt seems to be missing a short bit (but nothing that would impair function).
    e7e7915e82e3e7014b666bdcd3e80a0f.jpg
    83669c23ea6dcd5fa45acf0005b06de8.jpg
    b78b2d475fc113f276641ef37b9414e7.jpg

Ps. Haven't heard back from M+M regarding the QD mount problem. Email was sent late Friday night before the start of Labor Day weekend. I'll contact them by phone tomorrow if there isn't a follow-up by later today.

I’ll post some pics in a few hrs when I get home. Thanks.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Here’s a few pics of the bolt, and claw. You can see where it’s abnormal wearing.
    b2573f1e35c48f3304415846b4acd712.jpg
    59bd00439f0deb1d2c0cb5ab7b1018d9.jpg
    5cc50e3e952a6797cb545032ad348ef2.jpg
    c0e48ae64d2bb4e95013e5190cf8f108.jpg
    c8a3db673524120685a2b96c686b006d.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'll take a look at mine later (after 10/11pm) to see if there was wear after the last range session. Will post pics.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I pulled the bolt. I didn't really degrease except to look at areas that you mentioned. I didn't see any damage per se, but do see polishing of surfaces in similar areas (picture 3). There might be unusual wear in the top lower left corner (on top of the bolt face area) in the last pic, but it also could be machined that way. I'll give it another look after a second range session.
    b2c3ba1e7db8e78a6563678018dba939.jpg
    60485599917e74aa00d13b14b308a1dc.jpg
    0202ff6343975f07e95ae427f95c0a1e.jpg
    49a7930a59de2297e147235f5ef8fb08.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl