Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Old September 10th, 2021, 06:19 PM #21
Blissfully Oblivious

Blissfully Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster229 View Post
What is an "off hand" position?
Unsupported. Not shooting off of a rest.
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2021, 06:31 PM #22
God loves you, I don't.

God loves you, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz_man View Post
Unsupported. Not shooting off of a rest.
Ah. Shooting one handed. lol
Old October 10th, 2021, 07:31 PM #23
Pretty good shot

Pretty good shot

This is a great review. I got a chance to shoot a PDP right when they came out, and was heartbroken that I had to wait so long for them to be approved on the MD roster. When they were, I went out and got a 4" Compact model as quickly as I could. I sighted in a Holosun 507c Vulcan, and started punching holes. My only reaction is "wow".

Just as you said, the trigger is amazing. I would argue that it is the absolute best trigger on a striker-fired gun out of the box. The sights didn't bother me one bit, since I don't intend to use them, but I actually liked them. I am not very picky with any sights though (I like the stock Glock gen 5 sights too).

The grip texture is excellent. I wish I could get the same grip shape and texture on all my guns. It does rub when I CC, but that is a small price to pay. The slide terrain/contours is very easy to get a good hold of, and all of the mechanical pieces are buttery smooth.

The (lack of) magazine availability is my biggest and only gripe with the gun.

This gun replaced my Glock 19 as my carry gun of choice, and probably will for the near future.
USArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2021, 08:15 PM #24
Blissfully Oblivious

Blissfully Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmyJoe View Post
This is a great review. I got a chance to shoot a PDP right when they came out, and was heartbroken that I had to wait so long for them to be approved on the MD roster. When they were, I went out and got a 4" Compact model as quickly as I could. I sighted in a Holosun 507c Vulcan, and started punching holes. My only reaction is "wow".

Just as you said, the trigger is amazing. I would argue that it is the absolute best trigger on a striker-fired gun out of the box. The sights didn't bother me one bit, since I don't intend to use them, but I actually liked them. I am not very picky with any sights though (I like the stock Glock gen 5 sights too).

The grip texture is excellent. I wish I could get the same grip shape and texture on all my guns. It does rub when I CC, but that is a small price to pay. The slide terrain/contours is very easy to get a good hold of, and all of the mechanical pieces are buttery smooth.

The (lack of) magazine availability is my biggest and only gripe with the gun.

This gun replaced my Glock 19 as my carry gun of choice, and probably will for the near future.
Thanks. It wasn't easy to write an objective review about the PDP but I tried my best. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Standard capacity Walther mags are scarce and expensive for the full-size model PDP but since you got the compact (smart move) your gun will work with any standard PPQ, Canik TP9 magazine and probably a couple of others I can't remember right off the top of my head. You certainly have a lot more options than I have but the cheapy $19 PMags are working well for me.
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2021, 10:04 PM #25

Send a message via AIM to AliasNeo07

Send a message via AIM to AliasNeo07
I haven't bought a new handgun in a couple years, but this might break my dry spell since I'm having trouble sourcing a Wilson Combat Beretta 92.

I held one in my local shop the other day and loved it, other than it being too big. Waiting for them to get in the "compact" model.
Old October 14th, 2021, 06:20 AM #26
God loves you, I don't.

God loves you, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasNeo07 View Post
I haven't bought a new handgun in a couple years, but this might break my dry spell since I'm having trouble sourcing a Wilson Combat Beretta 92.

I held one in my local shop the other day and loved it, other than it being too big. Waiting for them to get in the "compact" model.
The compact model isn't that much smaller. The BIG, BLOCKY (although grippy in an emergency) slide is what makes it the size of a gas nozzle.

The slide is what attracted me at first with delusions of me needing it because of all the blood from gunfights that I would get into.
Then I woke up and realized that it's the shooter that makes the shot and not the pistol.

This pistol would be no more accurate than any other comparable pistol out there. Look at a VP9SK if you want a good, accurate "Kompact".

You shoot well enough that you don't need to search for "The most accurate pistol".

I just picked up my P320 Legion X Carry yesterday. I have chub status after 4 hours. Go to 2A and check one out while they still have a couple for 950 bucks. Join the P320 craze. Nothing but GREAT reviews.
Old October 14th, 2021, 08:10 AM #27
Pretty good shot

Pretty good shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster229 View Post
The compact model isn't that much smaller.
it is basically the exact size of a Glock 19, so if a compact-size gun is not for you, then there ya go.

This video does a great comparison between the PDP and several other comparable guns: https://youtu.be/8ZL7lfe5MqU
USArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns