• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Benchmade or Microtech. No education needed sticking with those two brands. Benchmade is more affordable. Microtech has a zillion different models and colors. Definitely more exotic and expensive. Iirc Benchmade will do sharpening and maintenance for free.

I've sent knives out to them a few times. Thy do a great job and my turn around time was less then 2 weeks

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    363A6428 copy_20170425125618.jpg

Latest purchase from "that" site.... curse you Minuteman...:)

Q

rmocarsky

Apr 20, 2011
    How sturdy . . .

. . . is that Frank B.?

I mean, all the switchblades I have seen first hand (except for when I was a kid, the one my Dad had) are more like toys than actual working knives. The blades wiggle, and they are frail.

Is that one not a toy?

And how much did it cost?

Rmocarsky

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Those Italian stiletto knives are more of a collecting knife and not much for utility. Those Frank's probably run between $50 and $200.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Bottom is a Microtech Makora, fire ant version.

A evil little OTF.

Thank you! Color made me think ravencrest. A lot of bad reviews on ravencrest but it's one of those things where I think people only voice when upset. I started a thread on them a while back. I ended staying away! I want a OTF infidel so bad but can't justify the purchase.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thank you! Color made me think ravencrest. A lot of bad reviews on ravencrest but it's one of those things where I think people only voice when upset. I started a thread on them a while back. I ended staying away! I want a OTF infidel so bad but can't justify the purchase.
    You know you want one.....
    7c42c983ce0a2707906551a7d1a72b3f.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    . . . is that Frank B.?

I mean, all the switchblades I have seen first hand (except for when I was a kid, the one my Dad had) are more like toys than actual working knives. The blades wiggle, and they are frail.

Is that one not a toy?

And how much did it cost?

Rmocarsky

Frank B's range from 75-400. They are actually really good quality. I have 3. The only two kickers with them is they are all pretty dull but I think that's because it's design is for stabbing and not everyday cutting. The points are very sharp. Also if you awkwardly hold the knife away from you and limp wrist the open it won't fully lock into place on occasion. People who are nervous and open it for the first time often don't get a true open. Otherwise I've found them to be stellar.

I'll also add NONE of mine have any wiggle and the overage ones I got were 120 a piece.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You know you want one.....
    7c42c983ce0a2707906551a7d1a72b3f.jpg

I do bro!!! They are awesome quality, just generally freaking cool, and well built. We can get discounts on them too but I only carry a leatherman Skeletool now. So much more useful for what I investigate. A actual nice knife has lost its utility for me.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    This is an original Plumb Boy Scouts of America axe that I recently found while helping a friend clean out a shed. The handle says Official scout axe and the blade has the Boy Scouts seal on it.

I have contacted Camp Horseshoe and donated it for display. They seemed excited to get it. Just wanted to share it here too.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpg
      IMG_0672.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 444

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Benchmade or Microtech. No education needed sticking with those two brands. Benchmade is more affordable. Microtech has a zillion different models and colors. Definitely more exotic and expensive. Iirc Benchmade will do sharpening and maintenance for free.

Sweet. I've seen Microtech OTF blades, but had no idea Benchmade had them. I'm a pretty big Benchmade fan. I'll look into that. Thanks.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Re-discovered this in a box of stuff I've had for years. I remember taking to a few shows to get information about it but no one had answers except for one guy told me it was a cheap knockoff of a paratrooper knife.

Italian CR Triangolo

Attachments

• IMG_4167 - Copy.JPG
      IMG_4167 - Copy.JPG
      30.1 KB · Views: 379
    • IMG_4164 - Copy.JPG
      IMG_4164 - Copy.JPG
      33.1 KB · Views: 379

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    OK my turn I guess

So, I have them in a couple places in the house and had to collect them together. This is all but just a few. There was no particular theme to this, or brand loyalty, they were almost all impulse buys of things I liked for one reason or another over the years. Some are nice knives, others are just regular stuf.

In the second pic, the 7 on the top left row are autos, except one gravity knife. The two on the right function as usual but have concealed activation means.

The four on the carpet are two Benchmades, one William Henry and my current EDC.

Of the fixed blade knives on the tile floor, my favorites are the small Bob Dozier, the TOPS Border Crossing, the SOG Desert Dagger and the little hand ax which I actually use a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpg
      IMG_3176.jpg
      94.7 KB · Views: 306
    • IMG_3178.jpg
      IMG_3178.jpg
      96.3 KB · Views: 323
    • IMG_3180.jpg
      IMG_3180.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 294
    • IMG_3184.jpg
      IMG_3184.jpg