• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Looks like they're going for the gusto in the VA House. These all were advanced out of committee to the floor with extremely limited debate.

• HB2, HB335 Criminalize private transfers
    • HB9 24 hour lost or stolen
    • HB421 Allow local gun control ordinances
    • HB72,HB463,HB1083 No minor hunting or firearm use without parental supervision
    • HB674 Red flag
    • HB812, HB1502 One gun per 30 days

HB961 is still in committee.

The Cam Edwards story discussing the above is found here:

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/01/25/six-gun-control-measures-va-house/

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Looks like they're going for the gusto in the VA House. These all were advanced out of committee to the floor with extremely limited debate.

• HB2, HB335 Criminalize private transfers
    • HB9 24 hour lost or stolen
    • HB421 Allow local gun control ordinances
    • HB72,HB463,HB1083 No minor hunting or firearm use without parental supervision
    • HB674 Red flag
    • HB812, HB1502 One gun per 30 days

HB961 is still in committee.

The Cam Edwards story discussing the above is found here:

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/01/25/six-gun-control-measures-va-house/

The bill removing state pre-emption may be the single most dangerous bill. The result in short order would be a patchwork of laws, some likely extreme, that would have to be fought in court individually. That would be unaffordable for pro-2A groups. Game, set & match to Bloomberg.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The bill removing state pre-emption may be the single most dangerous bill. The result in short order would be a patchwork of laws, some likely extreme, that would have to be fought in court individually. That would be unaffordable for pro-2A groups. Game, set & match to Bloomberg.

a huge risk to ccw'ers. it's one thing to have to worry about state-to-state carry laws being different, but just 'going into town' for dinner in an adjacent county or town could present with different laws being in place.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

Attachments

• theyre-here.png
      theyre-here.png
      55.3 KB · Views: 694

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Yup, even if the person had a VA carry permit, the locality could criminalize the possession. Crazy, especially in Northern VA, with all its localities. I won't be shopping in VA if this passes.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I find it interesting that Democrats want to prevent us from carrying by creating a patchwork of confusing CCW rules by locality, yet they seem to have conveniently refused to advance bills that would hold municipalities legally and financially liable for our safety if they disarm us.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    None of the Democrats gun laws are concerned with safety. It’s a full on attack on the 2A and the Constitution under the guise of safety. Only the weak minded believe the MSM and politicians prose. fred55

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    None of the Democrats gun laws are concerned with safety. It’s a full on attack on the 2A and the Constitution under the guise of safety. Only the weak minded believe the MSM and politicians prose. fred55

It's really an attempt to make Virginia a place that conservatives/constitutionalists can't stand to live. Leaving the state to permanent ownership of those with a statist/collectivist frame of mind. When you make one of the hallmarks of the individualist ethos (the ability to defend oneself) away, those people don't suddenly become collectivists. They either hold their noses and stick around, or they get up and leave. The lefties love the "that's it, I'm moving to WV!" sentiment, because it just boosts their immovable hold on power. As they flip more states, so will they eventually flip the country. It's a deliberate, considered, long-term strategy.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    It's really an attempt to make Virginia a place that conservatives/constitutionalists can't stand to live. Leaving the state to permanent ownership of those with a statist/collectivist frame of mind. When you make one of the hallmarks of the individualist ethos (the ability to defend oneself) away, those people don't suddenly become collectivists. They either hold their noses and stick around, or they get up and leave. The lefties love the "that's it, I'm moving to WV!" sentiment, because it just boosts their immovable hold on power. As they flip more states, so will they eventually flip the country. It's a deliberate, considered, long-term strategy.
    Agreed with everything you state here.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I think the Democrats/liberals are going to be surprised by the conservatives in the Commonwealth of Virginia! We will not be flipped. They may be winning this brief skirmish but they will not win the battle. fred55

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I think the Democrats/liberals are going to be surprised by the conservatives in the Commonwealth of Virginia! We will not be flipped. They may be winning this brief skirmish but they will not win the battle..

What I see coming from the current Dem scorched earth tactics and revenge politics is retaliation in kind when the Reps take back over, and gut everything the Dems did and then some. And then Dems win back the state, and the cycle continues.

The end result is possible decades of statutory anarchy, not just with guns, but all "hot button" issues. And all of the citizens of VA end up losing. Political toxicity is slowly killing the concept of the constitutional republic, and I'm not sure how to stop it because pandering to the extremes and stirring up distrust and hatred is highly profitable to both political parties.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I think the Democrats/liberals are going to be surprised by the conservatives in the Commonwealth of Virginia! We will not be flipped. They may be winning this brief skirmish but they will not win the battle. fred55

I pray for this to be the case ... on my knees with hands clasped praying, man!

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Yup, even if the person had a VA carry permit, the locality could criminalize the possession. Crazy, especially in Northern VA, with all its localities. I won't be shopping in VA if this passes.

I guess that means you just have to constitutional carry

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    I guess that means you just have to constitutional carry

If carrying properly, no one will ever know. Here in FL we carry legally everyday in shorts and t-shirts, and no one ever knows. Choice of pistol is key, Sig P365, Hellcat, Glock 43's are extremely popular here.

Point being, you can carry anywhere with a proper gun belt and IWB holster like a Vedder Lighttuck. Baltimore has "Constitutional Carry", they just don't realize it yet /s

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    In Florida, it's LC9s Pro... IWB... everywhere else it's something larger... OWB. Just sayin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom