• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    He should probably learn proper English. For instance you shouldn't use a double negative like, "He is unlikely to not." I guess he could just say, "He is likely."
    The missive is replete with grammar issues ...

This bill might never have been written were it not for a small number of activists who made the strategic mistake of attending hearings in a attempt to intimidated the board members.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    The only "Intimidation" was holding the HPRB accountable to the OMA. Pretty disturbing email to me. Pisses me off to tell you the truth.....

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The days of entrusting MD 2A issues to gun-owner Democrats, who warned that only THEY held sway with gun-hater Femocrats ...those days are over.

We are off the bench and fighting on our feet.
    :patriot::mdpatriot:patriot:
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'll say it. FVCK JOHN JOCELYN!

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with the old guard 2A supposed leaders in this state. Instead of calling out Madaleno for being the gun grabbing douche canoe that he is he would rather blame those of us who are trying to advance the cause of freedom?

Go away, John, you're yesterday's news. And take that goofy NRA rep who posts pics of her kids at the MOMS Demanding Action table at the local fair on social media with you.

THIS. The activists were responsible for actually getting the HPRB to start following THE LAW, apparently John was perfectly happy the way it worked before (a rubber stamp for MSP denials)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    latest

I approve of this picture...:D

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This was taken right from 2Ainmd.com web page.

Maybe they should reread what it says.

Attachments

• Gasden MD.JPG
      Gasden MD.JPG
      35.1 KB · Views: 258

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Gentleman Gentlemen and Ladies I think we all have to same goal and that's stop any new legislation that hurts us as gun owners and to promote any that benefits us as a group. But with each group go about this in different directions serves no one. Hence a lot of crap we have to live with. Let's try to bond together and then we can get stuff done. And we have a ton of work this session coming up. Chris

I don't know you so don't take this personally, but your post would be more effective if sent in JJ's direction.

Let me give you a little timeline:

Late Dec '15/Early Jan '16 JJ sends out an email blast when he was still AGC Grand Poobah of all things 2A excoriating those of us who regularly attend the HPRB meetings for expressing our displeasure with the voting patterns of certain members who also happen to be well known at AGC.

December 2016 JJ gets unceremoniously tossed out of AGC on his ear and joins MDS as "2A MD" with an avatar that looks an awful lot like the logo of a Facebook group started a while back by another member here. So much so that I had a PM tonight asking me if JJ and the other member were not involved in the same group.

Today we find out about JJ's little email tirade.

Now you tell me, who's not bonding with who?

If JJ was seriously concerned he is a member here and could have reached out to any one of us voicing that concern and yet he did it in an email blast.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Not taken personally-I know that quite a few of us don't play well with others. The point of my statement was to maybe get some of us to think as a group not as "me" and "I" when it comes to issues concerning the 2ndA. We all can play a part in the effort to contain and maybe reverse some of the legislation that is most likely coming our way. It would be nice if it were a coordinated it would much more effective. Chris

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    This email from 2A MD was in my mailbox this morning.

Of particular interest to me was this portion from John H. Jocelyn of 2A MD.on the attempt by Sen Madeleno'to abolish the HPRB

Why is he blaming "activists"? Why not identify them if casting blame?

How does he know what the goal was?

Is this not a public meeting?

This stinks IMO. Now we're eating our own?

Put the blame where it belongs.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not taken personally-I know that quite a few of us don't play well with others. The point of my statement was to maybe get some of us to think as a group not as "me" and "I" when it comes to issues concerning the 2ndA. We all can play a part in the effort to contain and maybe reverse some of the legislation that is most likely coming our way. It would be nice if it were a coordinated it would much more effective. Chris

Again you're preaching to the wrong congregation. Many of the respondents on this thread have been out on the bricks day after day, week after week in Naptown and those efforts have been well chronicled here. Many of these same folks put down the signs, don a suit and tie and go and testify which is what all the 2A orgs say that they want and yet the leadership of the PP has yet to receive a phone call or a PM by any of the other orgs or the newly independent JJ with an invite to a planning session. The PP sign painting parties/planning sessions are promoted on MDS and the Book of Faces with open invitations to all.

Not that I'm bitching about it, just informing. We will be going strong again this year with or without coordination or planning efforts by MSI, MSRPA, the NRA rep, AGC legislative liason, etc. If some of those organizations feel that partnering with the PP endangers their tax exempt status we totally get that but every member of the PP is also a private citizen and it would seem to me that anyone who is willing to get out on the bricks week after week in whatever weather would be someone that these orgs would want to recruit to help get the message out.

The "activists" and "radicals" who attend the HPRB meetings are not there on the behalf of or organized by the PP. These are just regular MDS folks exercising their right to attend open meetings of a state board. Why JJ would choose to alienate the very same folks he is allegedly working for is a mystery to me.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Do any AGC members know if trustee meetings are open to AGC members?

If that committee is enacted, it would be time for every MDS/MSI activist to begin the process of being appointed to that committee.

If you are a member of a charter club yes you can, I was VP of my club and had other members go with me on a few occasions. As far as JJ I know him and appreciate his past efforts dealing with the GA. But I agree with the general consensus here that it's time for new blood and new tactics. We showed up by the thousands in 2013 to no avail. The fix was in and they smiled as they stabbed us in the back. I think it's time to step on some toes and get in some faces, the only way to back a bully down is bust him square in the nose so to speak.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Don't Tread On Me Maryland Gadsden 3' X 5' Gun Rights Liberty and Freedom Banne https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B8GH1WY/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I bought 3 tonight. Only 4 left.

I had a brief conversation with JJ regarding the Fresh Prince. I think Will Smith is the biggest threat to the 2A in MD. He has aspirations for a high level position. I felt that JJ should have just called him what he is instead of trying to work with him.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I bought 3 tonight. Only 4 left.

I had a brief conversation with JJ regarding the Fresh Prince. I think Will Smith is the biggest threat to the 2A in MD. He has aspirations for a high level position. I felt that JJ should have just called him what he is instead of trying to work with him.

The Fresh Prince and Ben Barnes are wannabe Mike Miller and Mike Busch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom